Something like a panic attack but not from coffee. (2 Viewers)

wild_cat

I had to cram like a fucker for my mocks last night and I drank lots and lots of coffee I usually stay away from caffine cept for a cup of tea every now and then.

But last night I fucked the stuff into me.. each much had four tea spoons of grains and two teaspoons of suger.

I freaked out because I relised id spent one hour reading the same paragraph of sylvia plath notes and could remember nothing and punched the wall, I just lay on my bed shaking and drippling on my notes. Everytime I closed my eyes it felt like id drank whiskey, my head was coming in on its self. I made my self sick twice to try get it all up. When I eventually could close my eyes my toes toes were curling with something all most stress like? I felt like crying but couldnt i just lay in a ball...

Was this stress of the coffee?

Got asleep around 4.30am, got up at 6.

Jaykers Roisin you never do anything by halves do ya? Why not try one normal cup of coffee, and then when you're feeling tired again have another one

I tried to make myself sick only the once. It didn't work cos my fingers are too short to reach the back of my throat

m629085.jpg

welcome to the wonderful world of the caffeine shakes/sweats.
it seems you're not a regular coffee drinker and you doused your system with some pretty strong coffee sugar combo that is about the same as ploughing through too many red bulls. It usually helps if you're doing that sort of thing to eat something as the coffee agitates the lining of your stomach if you ate nothing and can make you feel sick. I believe vitamin c can help calm it down but to be honest once you got the shakes and sweats from coffee its a bit lilke its friend the alcohol shakes, you just got to see it through to the bitter end.

try mixing combos of coffee, chocolate and small bits of food to keep you going. Or if you want to get your hands on some of those citrus essential oils they'll keep you mildly alert at times. a few drops o rosemary on a handkerchief is a good pick me up now and again. but again moderation prevails here.

http://www.henriettesherbal.com/eclectic/kings/caffea.html
......Some individuals, from the excessive amounts of coffee ingested, suffer from what may be aptly termed chronic coffee poisoning. The chief symptoms are a pallid or dusky skin with emaciation, dull, expressionless features, sometimes swollen, and again looking prematurely old. Dilated pupils and a glassy stare are observed, and both the tongue and lips tremble in talking. Sleeplessness or disturbed sleep supervenes, the appetite is poor, digestion is feeble, with diarrhoea or constipation; gastralgia and other neuralgic pains are felt in various parts of the body, and dizziness and headache, with occasional spasms or convulsions, are not uncommon results. It is not unlikely that many cases of pruritis ani et vulvae are due to even moderate coffee drinking, and when the amount consumed is very large, these symptoms are more pronounced. To complete the picture, intractable leucorrhoeal discharges debilitate the woman, while sexual vigor is impaired or impotence induced in the male.......

Yikes :eek: :eek: :eek:

You've not had to do the leaving cert (mocks) before. It can be pretty stressful to say the least.

ok everyone - hand on your heart - who actually found the leaving cert mocks stressful?

what's with all they phoney pathos and mollycoddling with you people?!

roisin: don't drink ridiculous amounts of coffee in future when you're studying - problem solved! this has nothign to do with "stress"!
try preparing properly for exams (don't worry, nobody does and you'll still be fine)

white people...jesus

ok everyone - hand on your heart - who actually found the leaving cert mocks stressful?

what's with all they phoney pathos and mollycoddling with you people?!

roisin: don't drink ridiculous amounts of coffee in future when you're studying - problem solved! this has nothign to do with "stress"!
try preparing properly for exams (don't worry, nobody does and you'll still be fine)

white people...jesus

So nobody finds the leaving cert stressful?

a> we're talking about the mocks
b> no not really

panic attacks over your mocks? fuckin wimps!

I'm sure I know people who were stressed about the leaving cert and the leaving cert mocks, which in case you hadn't noticed I'd lumped together as one, but I'm not gonna argue with you about it.

mocks are bollocks. no one really cared about them when we sat ours; of course the stress factor got jacked up a fair bit when the real thing came around but mocks?

it's a mock for a reason!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back