Smelly crusties, your protesting days are over (2 Viewers)

Just pepper spray the dogs. Durrr..

If I was a cop and you peppersprayed 'my' dog (and in general the handler does actually 'own' the dog and has a pet-like relationship with them AFAIK) I would ensure you were seriously beaten within an inch of your life. I would doubt it would be a very clever move.

Poses a genuinely serous question for the vegan anti-capitalist ninja types. I always thought the same about horses used in riot control (i.e. can a vegan type in good conscience attack a fully trained agressor agent of the state- if it is an animal?)

Does your participation in what is normally some pisspot demonstration on the edge of a G8 meeting entitle you to indulge in cruelty to animals?

I dunno man, I saw an attack dog unleashed on someone at a protest about 6 months ago, a girl I know who was arrested and tried to leg it. Anyway, the dog took her down but then they couldn't get it off her, had its teeth burried in her leg, so the fuckin handler starts kickin it in the head until it lets go! Mental.

I think any vegan in a situation like that who was afraid to attack anyone (human or non-human animal) atacking them because of some obtuse conscience related worry is full of shit and deserves a bite in the arse.

If I was a cop I would stop being a cop post haste and the kick that dog in the face, just for rhyming purposes, of course

I guess what I am driving at is, as a dog owner and someone who absolutely dotes on their pet - if a police handler had any kind of similar relationship with their dog found someone going out of their way to harm their animal they would momentarily stop being a cop and just be a concerned pet owner who would react accordingly-attack dog or not.
I personally wouldn't set out to harm any animal in that kind of situation and anyone who did would be seriously misguided IMO.

The relative political gain anyone may think they would achieve from this course of action would be minimal compared to the world of shit they may unleash upon themselves or anyone around them.

From what I've seen, cops treat their animals in exactly the same way they treat anything else at their disposal - as tools to use against you. They might get angry and bash you more for injuring the dog/horse, but only becuse you've damaged their 'property'. I'd say they mostly don't give a fuck about how the animal feels.

From what I've seen, cops treat their animals in exactly the same way they treat anything else at their disposal - as tools to use against you. They might get angry and bash you more for injuring the dog/horse, but only becuse you've damaged their 'property'. I'd say they mostly don't give a fuck about how the animal feels.

From my (albeit) limited knowledge on this matter I would disagree completely with this statement. You may have had a different experience in this respect.

Dehumanising cops and portraying them as evil automotons of the state is quite simplistic don't you think? it's the way all conflicts are inflamed by interest groups be they states, ethnic groups or politically motivated activists.

But dedoggy-ising dogs by using them as weapons to wield against people the state doesn't like is fuckedup.. i dont count any cops as friends, not any that own dogs.. I've just seen what they do with them

But dedoggy-ising dogs by using them as weapons to wield against people the state doesn't like is fuckedup.. i dont count any cops as friends, not any that own dogs.. I've just seen what they do with them

I most certainly don't count any cops as friends but i did a bit of work before overlooking the garda dog traing centre down by Heuston station and they love those dogs man!

If the G8 ever meet here I will compose a dossier for all potential subversives with each mutt's name and type of bonio they prefer!

Count yerself lucky-In a lot of US States they use pit bulls for police duties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back