Sleep walking (1 Viewer)

goose

From the BBC a rather unusual psycological condition !

Quote:
Mr Buchanan told how a patient of his, who was a respectable middle-aged woman with a steady partner, would leave the house while sleepwalking and have sex with strangers.

The woman was totally unaware of her double life until her partner became suspicious and found her engaged in the act.

Now this is the best excuse i have heard yet for having an affair :rolleyes:

ha
deadly

there was a programme last year about sleep disorders (they recently repeated the narcolepsy one, the narcoleptics AGM is one of the most comedy gold things ever) and one programme focused on people who sleepwalk. And there was one rather large lady who got up every night and sleep-ate the contents of the fridge. VG.

what i find atrange is how it works where does she pick up the guys? didn't they notice she was asleep. sounds a bit dodgy, i'd be very suspicious if i was the husband.

I used to work with a guy, actually, who was narcoleptic. I was in San francisco for a summer. working at telesales (worst job ever for a narco). I was sittin there one day watchin yerman struggling with conciousness. He dialed the number, nodded off, woke up with a start (presumably when somebody answered), explained why he was ringing then fell asleep again, and mashed the telephone buttons with fis face. That woke him up again.

as for sleepwalking, i've never really trusted it.It just seems liek a perfect excuse for anything. It's like the excuse of being 'so drunk you can't remeber'. i.e.
bob-"eh..bill. I saw you trying to kiss my girlfriend last night'
bill-"what!!! did I? ooh my goD! I was soooooooooo drunk! I don;t even remeber!'

not buying it 'bill'

hahah! classic! i'd say it took ages for them to get anything done.

They might as well just have an agm on 'what was your dream about?'

kirstie said:
for serious. They had 4 people taking the minutes.

FancyGoods said:
hahah! classic! i'd say it took ages for them to get anything done.

They might as well just have an agm on 'what was your dream about?'
I'm sure I've posted about it on thumped before, such a classic of a telly program as it was, but there was definitely an element of piss-taking on the program makers part. Like filming the AGM - and they were all nodding on and off round the table, trying to get things done. Totally hilarious. And there was also a woman who fell asleep into her dinner every night, much to the rage of her husband.

kirstie said:
(they recently repeated the narcolepsy one, the narcoleptics AGM is one of the most comedy gold things ever) .
:D :D :D

yeh I saw that, fooking hilarious!

'yes well I propose that we should possibly start sending the newslettterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz'

poor bastards though.:)

There was case in the states several years back when a morman man killed his wife with a claw hammer and blamed it on sleep walking. His kids and wife had seen him sleepwalk for years previous and sometimes would get violent. His kids and the whole community, with the exeption of her folks, testified on his behalf. I think they convicted him.

Wavioli said:
hmm, yeah. They dont seem to work very well though do they?
I reckon they should sleep all week, stockpile the dexy's then take them all at the weekend, bound to get them going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back