single greatest human achievement ever (1 Viewer)

The Amiga was shit? Did you never play Cannon Fodder, Syndicate, Megalomania or Sensible Soccer? Next time I see you, Stephen, you better bring protection coz I'm gonna beat the fuck out of you before lashing you out of it for spewing such heresy.

Shit Oly, I knew you were a nerd, but an Amiga nerd is unforgivable! Do you remember Stret Fighter 2 on the Amiga when Guile did a sonic boom? Instead of the huge yellow flash appearing, two blue dots float slowly across the screen while you leg it to jacks come back and wait impatiently for it to eventually hit the other lad. When I was 10 I was never into the boring nerd games like civilisation, I was stictly straight and into the beat em ups, no waiting for twelve hours for a bad graphic to talk to me gay shit...

man the amiga had killer shit like supercars2, speedball2, lemmings (always shit on console), super off road, the shit oly said and loads more - i didn't even have one and i totally respect that shit. much better than the poxy atari st. n.a.r.c ruled - i had some carbon copy of narc on the pc called 'crimewave' - it was really cool.
andrew

mame_narc.gif

narc.jpg

best game ever was for the ps 1 it was called Courior crissis. fucking deadly. ya had to cycle around the city and do drops everywhere, you could bust out mean table tops and all sorts of narly little tricks. as well as the fact that if you broke the law the cops came chasing after your ass and knocked ya off the bike and arrested ya. it was deadly dodgin in an out of allyways an stuff. sum cunt robbed it on me. if anyone has a copy ill buy it off them.

best game thing was the atari. my neighbour gave me one when i was about 6. asteroids, poll postition, and indiana jones...oh yeah! it made the fact that there were no other kids in our apartments worth while. .|..|

the pixies covered the theme tune to narc.
not that id know these kinda things.

when it comes down to it it's all about prince of persia and wolfenstein 3d

until the age of 12, the closest i came to owning a snes was religiously watching Games World on Sky 1. back in the day before Big Boy Barry got his own show on tuesday nights and Bob Mills presented it. That was the hardcore games world.

worst snes game ever had to be F-Zero. And the Enter The Dragon game that i completed in about ten minutes. Prince Of Persia will always be the one for me

NARC is the best - They throw syringes at you, SYRINGES!!!

Look, as far as the Amiga goes, you Linux hacker wannabes can go on about all your vector, bytes and technical bullshit all you want, but it was crap. I don't care if the amiga had ten dots of RAM more than anything else or that that space game had 500,000 worlds you could go to, it had crap games and crap versions of good games.

Those games you mentioned M Bison were originally designed by SEGA but fucked into the bin cause they weren't good enough for SEGA users. Amiga came crawling into their offices begging for some scraps so SEGA gave them a few shitty engines and told them to get lost.

Look you obviously have some sense, so reboot your memory and cop onto the fact that SEGA is the Eternal Champion...

i used to read manuals to games on my pc/c64 games system and they always said things like 'this bit of the game is only available on the amiga version'

how much i wanted to have that special computer with all the bonus bits.

yeah whatever about sega blha.........i went to 'Gamesmaster Live' in the NEC arena in some stupid english town (birmingham?) and said hi to someone from C+VG magazine..oh boy was i excited! i still have tonnes of speedball 2 and street fighter stickers at home from it.
was kick off 2 ever on the megadrive? probably a shitty port if it was!

andrew
ps - thanks to whoever said 'bob mills' - you have just ended like 6 years of misery - could never remember his name. he briefly had a chat show on chan4 (6 episodes) and it was kinda like larry sanders in the sense that it showed behind the scenes stuff but wasn't scripted for funny ass jokes. anyway john carpenter and he was pissed cos they'd originally bumped him in favour of kylie minogue (maybe...someone who wasn't super big at the time) but then that person dropped out and they asked him back - he still did it but was still insanely pissed. then some assistant guy asked him back stage why he did 'village of the dammed' and said something like "i guess you needed a new pool" - carpenter flipped and called the guy a cunt or something and walked off. best tv ever and now i know it was on the bob mills show. annnyway.

M.BISON said:
ps - thanks to whoever said 'bob mills' - you have just ended like 6 years of misery - could never remember his name. he briefly had a chat show on chan4 (6 episodes) and it was kinda like larry sanders in the sense that it showed behind the scenes stuff but wasn't scripted for funny ass jokes. anyway john carpenter and he was pissed cos they'd originally bumped him in favour of kylie minogue (maybe...someone who wasn't super big at the time) but then that person dropped out and they asked him back - he still did it but was still insanely pissed. then some assistant guy asked him back stage why he did 'village of the dammed' and said something like "i guess you needed a new pool" - carpenter flipped and called the guy a cunt or something and walked off. best tv ever and now i know it was on the bob mills show. annnyway.

hahahaha!! i fuckin saw that, it was classic!!! yeah, bob mills is the king. what was that show he used to present on late night ITV?? the best thing about bob mills was the obvious contempt he had for the nerdy ten year olds who used to compete on Games World

did anyone else ever play kula world on ps1? i have it and it turns out ed used to have it too or something. it's mental yr this ball rollin' around tryna collect all sortsa shit and keys an all. but if yr in anyway monged it's the most headfucking thing ever. yeah.

hardcore

get a load of the circuits on this:

splash_06212003.jpg

diy console:

http://www.xgamestation.com/

I'd be enough of an ultra-nerd to get off on it , but i'd probably be too lazy to ever write a game

I forgot the best pc game, which was half life
the clang of the crowbar

international soccer/ fiendish freddy's circus/ flimbo's quest/ klax

all on the same cartridge. THAT was where it was at

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back