Should there be light relief in serious Anarchist threads? (1 Viewer)

Janer

Website
www.youtube.com
Some of these threads literally can get very heavy and serious so I throw in the odd quip or two, now a member who I won't name but his name begins with a W. pm'd me with "trying to dumb down the board"

Do Anarchists take themselves too seriously? Is that why their numbers have shrunk as they are letting the Ardal o' Hanlons/Des Bishops slip thru their ranks as they wanted a lighter Anarchy style movement?

Discuss.......

*ps* donno wether to describe this as an Anarchist or a light hearted thread :eek:

There are only 2 serious threads on eirecore and you complain about being asked not to post crap in 1. I think it was carlow punks! who originally asked you to shut up anyways, I just repped you.

in fairness, if a thread is too serious or intellectual for you, you can just ignore it without adding to/taking away from the discussion. not everything has to be a joke and not everything has to be totally serious, there's plenty of room for all.

Jeez, its just a posting forum. As long as there is a conversation going on what more can you want. If someone posts something you don't like then ignore it and pretend it's not there its the best way.

Well its better than having a big arguement about something stupid.

janer you should only stop trying to be funny in serious anarchist threads whenever serious anarchists stop trying to be funny elsewhere.

I reckon if you were actually being funny it wouldn't be a problem - see glen's light relief in the abortion arguments (or most threads he posts on).
But when you're interrupting a debate to tell people they shouldn't be debating anything coz it's too serious (for you) that's not funny, it's just annoying.

Were actually debating whether humour itself is a welcome relief within threads that deal with anarcho/nazi/direct action etc.Were not debating any of those themselves in the immediate sense anyway.And i never claimed to be funny, i just enjoy some people not taking it too seriously.

mazzyianne said:
I reckon if you were actually being funny it wouldn't be a problem - see glen's light relief in the abortion arguments (or most threads he posts on).
But when you're interrupting a debate to tell people they shouldn't be debating anything coz it's too serious (for you) that's not funny, it's just annoying.
Murdering foetuses is far more annoying (wow I was serious yipee do day fucking yayyyyy)

You were a foetus once young Barney.......your mommy kept you so u could help the alcohol/drug industry.

<Anarcho-> shutup janer you bitchface
<Anarcho-> your sounding like one of these spoilt d4 type kids :D
<Janer-> i.....
<Janer-> i will ahve u aborted
<Janer-> mazzyannie style

Anarcho Munk said:
<Anarcho-> shutup janer you bitchface
<Anarcho-> your sounding like one of these spoilt d4 type kids :D
<Janer-> i.....
<Janer-> i will ahve u aborted
<Janer-> mazzyannie style
SanMarco%201.jpg

note the cat.

As per Agent W. I think it was me who first called you on the comment, and as per Maz it was just about you complainig that the thread was too artsy and middle class for you. I can't remember you making a single funny commentat that point so maybe your referring to something else there...somepoint where you once said something funny..I don't know, I typed "Janer+humourous+comments" into the search bar but my computer just crashed.

And for the record those you know me can testify that I'm not particularly anarchist or activisty, though I do have some sympathies with all that;
and I'm a pretty lighthearted guy who tries be jokey a lot of the time, and I generate much sympathy in that.

Shall I leave the room....I mean thread?

/puts serious hat on
It wasn't just to do with that thread, think there was 2-3 of 'em and it was going round in circles.
I just think that if this group believe "this" the otehr group believe their "this" I don't think anyone ever converts the other....also if u fucks posted more or created more I wouldn't have to stumble into these threads :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back