SHERLOCK - (the new BBC Holmes series) (1 Viewer)

i only got halfway through the second one. wasn't in the mood and the running time is too long. will probably watch the second half sometime later in the week. i don't understand why they didn't make six 45min/1 hour episodes instead of three feature lengths. makes no sense

I enjoyed the 2nd episode but it was much weaker than the first though...

The fight at the beginning was a bit farcical and having 3 episodes and using such a slow build up to Moriarty is kinda strange. I presume the last episode will end with a cliff hanger with the appearance of the arch nemesis.

i don't understand why they didn't make six 45min/1 hour episodes instead of three feature lengths. makes no sense

Totally agree. It's basically the length of a full feature but no way does the story hold up. Thought the whole China/ninja/tea thing was well cheesy too.

I am sure the Internet is now flooded with Sherlock/Watson/DI Dimmock slash fan fiction.

The last episode was great - much improved on the 2nd I think...It was based on the The Adventure of the Bruce-Partington Plans with some other mysteries thrown in..

SPOILERS:

I can see Moriarty being a dissapointment to a lot of people but I did like him though he did seem a bit too much like John Simm's version of The Master...

I did like the over the top reference to the Hoxton Creeper from the Rathbone series.

Pity it was only 3 episodes - I hope they can continue. Theres alot of source material yet to cover..

I thought Moriarty was ridiculous, a panto villain crossed with a camp Bobcat Goldthwaite

I've seen alot of people compairing his performance to The Master--I'm guesinng this is a Dr Who refernece- same writer isn't it?

I've seen alot of people compairing his performance to The Master--I'm guesinng this is a Dr Who refernece- same writer isn't it?

Yup...

As i said I can understand people not liking him - Moriarty being a more cold and calculating character rather than theatrical (and a bit camp) but I though it worked well in the new adaptation. I kinda saw it as Moriarty puting on act while struggling to keep his cool and making it clear how much Holmes has fucked things up for him...

I just thought he was a terrible actor, hopelessly miscast

But I'm sure someone here knows him

and he's sound

Ah he was more than a bit camp, he was Brian Dowlingesque. Ripped the arse out if the entire thing for me.

I quite liked Moriarity in parts when he was being more toned down - I think the idea was good, but his voice came off... relaly weird sometimes and just broke the focus too much... that said on a whole I thought the series was fantastic. The first ep was BY FAR the strongest, most eerie, catching - the second was really good but seemed over long, and the third was somewhere between the two. Benedict Cumberbatch DO ME NOW PLEASE.

The cases in the first two episodes centred around things which were quintessentially Londonish,
black cabs and the A-Z
, which was good because Holmes is very much a creature of London, so it kept that idea but modernised it. The third case however did not do that
although you could argue that mental Irish people are quite Londonish
. This I thought was a little odd. Anyway....

It was a very good series though, far better than anyone would have expected, I bet. And there will be more episodes in future:
http://www.tvovermind.com/tv-news/there-will-be-more-sherlock/28032

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

longer trailer

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and it's getting a cinema release for a couple of days in the states with 20 minutes of extra footage

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back