Shaving School (4 Viewers)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
the sunday tribune had a story about this barber in monaghan who has set up a shaving school for lads with bum fluff and apparently theres plans for him to give classes in the local school to teach the lads in transition year how to shave properly, with the cut throat blade too. at the moment for a private lesson its 15euros for 30 or 40 minutes. transition year is maybe a bit too late for this kinda thing if you're gonna do it but i suppose its not a bad idea. i was quite embarrassed about shaving and went around with a ridiculous tache for ages longer than i might have had if there was a class to force me to get rid of it. still though, handy number for the barber.

my girlfriend bought me a cut throat razor because i kept saying i wanted one. i opened it and tried a test on the back of my hand and sliced my hand open.

Both, usually with the growth first.

Friend of mine does this too. He keeps 2 razors on the go one a little less sharp then the other and uses one for with the grain and the for against - seems like a huge amount of hassle.

All down strokes for me.

I'd absolutely rip the shit out of my face to go against the growth.

Friend of mine does this too. He keeps 2 razors on the go one a little less sharp then the other and uses one for with the grain and the for against - seems like a huge amount of hassle.

All down strokes for me.

I just use the one razor, it's fuck all hassle and you get a really close shave. Have you've tried upstrokes after you've done all your down strokes?

Have you've tried upstrokes after you've done all your down strokes?

ohhh Matron.

No but normally I'm in a hell of a hurry in the morning so as long as it's clean enough looking I'm happy.

I be like Rasputin by 5 O'clock one way or the other

I might give it a go on Saturday - If I die of blood loss I'm blaming you.

All down strokes for me.

have you tried using a shaving brush and stick?

727792.JPG

0056602_m.jpg

With the growth, no? I have sort of mad twirly bits on my chin, so its tricky.
Heat up your face first too with a wet cloth, pat it on and hold it.

Fucksake. I have shaved about twice in my life. Shutup.

People should just watch the scene in lethal weapon three where Murtaugh teaches his son to shave.

After that they should watch a "what not to do" video of Bill Duke in predator.

i have one of those gillete fusions...i went to buy blades
for it for the first time the other day - 17 euro for 4!

no thanks...back to my regular razor thanks

i can't really grow facial hair, so it's not that big a deal

i've finally got the hang of the mach3 after being skeptical about them for a long time, again theyre over priced and the blades come off the handle very easily but i hardly ever cut myself now and i used to always cut myself with the excel blades. i mostly shave downwards but when im finished i puff out my cheeks and shave the other way to get a smooth finish. i can do it really fast with the mach 3 without cutting...

my sister gave me a squeezy tube of this fancy mint and something else shaving foam. it smells nice, has moisturizer in it, doesnt foam up when you apply it and you can shave very easily with it.

also. that shaving stick costs me about 60p.

and i can recycle my blades - unlike all those other types of blades.

The Fusion is way too dear but I've had mine for a few months now and I'm only on the second blade

The cost is offset by savings in blood, irritation and reduction in all around shaving misery

I like the look of that old fashioned one but if it don't vibrate-than it's not so great

my new bathroom implement oriented slogan

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back