Shane Meadows Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

mamul

Just watched This Is England last night. Excellent film about skinheads in the 80's. Some amazing performances, notably Thomas Thurgoose and Stephen Graham. Thought Dead Mans Shoes was fantastic as was A Room for Romeo Brass. Been yonks since i saw 24 but i remember loving it. Once Upon A Time In The Midlands didn't impress me that much but maybe i need to watch it again. Anyways, Shane Meadows is deadly, one of the best directors in the Uk fo sho. Check out his films if ya havent already.

I can't think of a better English director.
Have you seen Smalltime or Where's The Money, Ronnie?
Both pre-24/7. Where's The Money, Ronnie? is only about 10 minutes, is memory serves and Smalltime is about an hour. Both are great.

So glad he's back on track after ......Midlands.
There's a great little documentary on Dead Mans Shoes where he tells a story that was an influence on him for This is England.

Can't wait to see that movie.

haven't seen either of them, where did ya get them? they in laser? yeah that story he tells on the DMS extras was pretty fucked up, this is england definitly captures the mood of that story

Have you seen Smalltime or Where's The Money, Ronnie?
Both pre-24/7. Where's The Money, Ronnie? is only about 10 minutes, is memory serves and Smalltime is about an hour. Both are great.

Watched the two of them for the first time recently. Channel 4 showed them one after the other around 1998.

Watched the two of them for the first time recently. Channel 4 showed them one after the other around 1998.
dont suppose its possible to download them from you? megashares or summit? i'd be mucho grateful

That dance that Paddy Considine does in A Room for Romeo Brass has to be seen to be believed.

Incredible film-maker.
Can't wait for THIS IS ENGLAND.

'This is England' out 27th April.

Love all of his films, except Once Upon a time in the Midlands, which is a right stinker. I walked out of the cinema lopsided after Dead man's shoes.

Mark Kermode went up to Nottingham to interview Meadows for the Culture Show. I'm all excited just from the clips shown.

liked dead man's shoes and this is england. not so much a room for romeo brass. paddy considine is a deadly actor tho, remember him in 24 hour party people?

liked dead man's shoes and this is england. not so much a room for romeo brass. paddy considine is a deadly actor tho, remember him in 24 hour party people?

He was deadly in that. The lad who plays Paddy's brother in Dead Man's Shoes plays the same person (Rob Gretton)in Control.

Paddy's deadly in whatever he's in.

dead_mans_shoes150.jpg

so fucking scary

I'm still not sure about This is England, liked some of it, some of it didn't wash with me

Shane Meadows is a big pal of Richard Hawleys

he directed these videos

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back