Selling on Discogs - any advice? (3 Viewers)

Lately I've been thinking that it might be cool to just get rid of all my records. I don't have that many but they're still the biggest, heaviest thing in my life and a bit of mind clutter. But I don't think I'd get all that much money and then they'd be gone and I'd probably miss them

is it normal enough to get an unsolicited message on discogs from someone looking to buy something you bought there before?

some lad contacted me about my vinyls copy of Full Fathom Five, said he was willing to pay 'top dollar' for it.

seems like a nice lad, but dunno, could be scammy

I got it a couple of expressions of interest in a 4LP edition of Tournemire's "L'Orgue Mystique" which was typically listed for €600 at the time. They seemed genuine but I said no way and now they go for about 50p

I got it a couple of expressions of interest in a 4LP edition of Tournemire's "L'Orgue Mystique" which was typically listed for €600 at the time. They seemed genuine but I said no way and now they go for about 50p
Charles Tournemire is awesome. Beautiful ethereal music. Even Messiaen studied under him.
is it normal enough to get an unsolicited message on discogs from someone looking to buy something you bought there before?

some lad contacted me about my vinyls copy of Full Fathom Five, said he was willing to pay 'top dollar' for it.

seems like a nice lad, but dunno, could be scammy
Yeah - getting offers for things on Discogs in my collection has happened a few times. Usually not valuable demos and once a 3" record by someone who collected the silly format
Another was a Lithuanian lad who wanted a Lithuanian grindcore demo but had no grind in his collection.
Never replied to any of them.

Charles Tournemire is awesome. Beautiful ethereal music. Even Messiaen studied under him.

The anthology records weigh towards the faster exciteable stuff and I prefer the calmer stuff so I don't really listen to them. If there's one thing that might get me back to mass on Sundays for a year it'd be L'Orgue Mystique

The anthology records weigh towards the faster exciteable stuff and I prefer the calmer stuff so I don't really listen to them. If there's one thing that might get me back to mass on Sundays for a year it'd be L'Orgue Mystique
Move to France! it's supposed normal to hear his music at Mass there - isn't it?
Best thing about the Catholic church in France seems to be its patronage of organists.
I am sure you know all this Denny.

It only happened to me a few times that people wanted to buy things in my Discogs listed collection. I would say they just messaged everyone with a demo they wanted. One guy messaged me twice a year apart about this 90's German tape.
He didn't have his own collection listed.
7 people have the demo and 53 want it.
But it never sold for more than 6.90 Euro. Some guy must have misread this cause he was selling the tape for 69 Euro!

Anyway, I'm open to selling it. There aren't any copies available so I'll see how the conversation goes. I'm not even about the money. More curious than anything else. The lad looking to buy has a tonne of shit for sale too so I might even go for swapsies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back