Scary Eire (1 Viewer)

STABMASTERARSON

i know it'll be shit hard to find anything, but any ya'll know where i can find any releases they put out?!! second hand, whatever don't matter. used to have a bunch their stuff on tape but shit got chewed last nite in my walkman!! argh

thanks in advance for any help!!

ANDY RTF.

the strange guy said:
You had a bunch of stuff? I thought they only released a 12" single.
it was a 60min tape that was fairly full up, dunno what tracks waz on cept dole q & can't even remember who copied it up for me!!

ANDY RTF.

It's Thursday fairly early in the morning
I'm lying in me bed annnnnnd
me Ma's roaring at me, "Get up you lazy fuck"
"I'll give you 2 minutes then I'll send your father up"

I fall out of the bed and put on the HI-Fi stack,
play a Scary Eire track, "Fight them back"

"Turn down that fucking wireless that your making shite"
"your mother has a headache and...........fuckin...........

Thump,
Thump,
Thump,

Who the fuck is at the door.
"It's Roots, come on we're going up to Mec's"
"Get away from that door or I'll break your bastardin neck"
"Call back in a few hours.......
"A few hours did ya say, I'll come in and wait"

Out of the office on to the street, there's a beggin tinker beggin down at me feet.
"A penny for the be-be, God help the poor child, he hasn't had a bit to ate God this good while. The hunger fallin off him, his ribs are hangin out, a penny for the be-be to feed his starvin mouth. Ahhh go on, trupence, I'll give ya an auld song, I'll sing is sooo sweat you'll want to hear it day long..

Only remember some of the lyrics, great song. Had on tape too with other Scary Eire stuff from Zone HQ, but God know's where it is now...NE1 know the rest of the lyrics for Dole Q.

Great stuff pete. Years since I've heard that....got some of the lyrics wrong.

You got any other Scary Stuff....

Cheers pete...will have to dig up my old tapes and try to find some of the interviews with re-ra and crew. Remember the lads doing a few live tune in studio with Tony Christie on Zone HQ. Have them somewhere

good man. cant download at work but will get those beauties downloaded asap to save the vinyl i have with some of those songs on.

are some of these songs from the album they were recording for island records?

Split up, dj mek is still floating around, i think he's djing in ri-ra pretty regularly, Ri-Ra had a single out last year called '25 O' Clock In The Morning' and it was savage. There may be one or two copies floating around town but theyt're pretty much all gone as far as i know. All City records in temple bar is the best place to try seeing as they're the ones who released it.

bombidol said:
what ever happened to Scary Eire?

I know the two from Tullamore. as far as i'm aware, what happened was they signed to Island (i think), got a big advance and went on the lash for a year instead of doing any work, bought shitloads of equipment, musically went further down the trad route, got dropped, split up.
'ri-ra' is still doing music in london, released a single a year or more back, called '25 o'clock in the morning'... has worked with loads of people like massive attack, sinead o'connor...
'dada slush' does regular sets in tullamore with free-style rap legend raggaman bob. (they can be found at trad sessions too).

'there's a lot goin' on in the offal-ee, it's not easy bein' ragga man b-o-b'

I've been searching high and low for Scary Eire music for years, I have the Dole-Q/That's no good to me 12" but, unfortunately no vinyl player anymore.

If Night is still about, any chance of sticking those tracks up online again?

Or if anyone can help me out here? Even a few random tracks from the lads?
Cheers in advance if anyone can help.

Scary Eire Kicked arse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back