Savings (1 Viewer)

JANER said:
lol u really think u can glean information this way???

I have €1000 in bank but owe gf €1300.

ha. it's an honest question. I don't need amounts - just wondering the general buzz regarding savings.

also - does anyone have an "ethical" bank account?

we had this conundrum with ladyfest and opted to put the money into a post office account, which is actually no better because they use the banks anyway to do various transactions.

I have no idea if there are any other ethical ways to bank. Bank of parents? I have a loan out with BOP at the moment, 0% interest, hurrah!

oh and re: savings: I have a savings tin I can't open unless I use a tin opener and into it I put 1 and 2 euro coins, 50c pieces and the occasional fiver. I put something in every day. Soon I will be rich beyond compare.

kirstie said:
we had this conundrum with ladyfest and opted to put the money into a post office account, which is actually no better because they use the banks anyway to do various transactions.

I have no idea if there are any other ethical ways to bank. Bank of parents? I have a loan out with BOP at the moment, 0% interest, hurrah!

i'm going with these guys. but i'm not sure if they are in ireland yet.

http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/

didn't bother with an SSIA on principle & had waaayyy more fun spending the cash.

having said that, at any given time i'm saving for something - trying to get a new telly at the moment, so that cash will be wiped out soon enough & the cycle can begin all over again.

i'm rich with love, a millionaire
i've so much, it's unfair
why don't you take a share

i have so many plans for my ssia...feel like i'm gonna be disappointed the day i sit down and work out exactly how much i'll be getting..it's not gonna be the riches i've imagined..i've got a piggy bank tho...with about fifty euro in it...now i'm off to buy some magic beans..one day i'll become sensible.

I have nearly a year to go with mine. I have it spent in my head already though.

ha, yeah he'll appreciate that.

Mine is getting partly spent on a trip to japan and partly spent on moving house.

nlgbbbblth said:
I had plans too.
The babby changes things though. I think I'll invest in some rare vinyl for him.

mine is pathetic. i put probably the lowest you could in. i was totally poor and on the dole when i started it.

i might be able to buy a hat or something

I dunno yet. Old and his Missis are going for a year so we're going to see them. We haven't looked into it really at all yet.

nlgbbbblth said:
I was thinking of going to Japan sometime.
Flights not too bad. Around the €850 mark.
Would accommodation be expensive?

broken arm said:
mine is pathetic. i put probably the lowest you could in. i was totally poor and on the dole when i started it.

i might be able to buy a hat or something
I wanted to invest in one but u had to have 1000 punts in the bank or something similar.

Cunts
poor stay poorer while all these rich fucks make an easy 20% killing.

nlgbbbblth said:
I was thinking of going to Japan sometime.
Flights not too bad. Around the €850 mark.
Would accommodation be expensive?

hotel accomodation can be expensive. I think there are cheaper ways such as renting apartments etc.

it is possible to get by on little money when eating out etc. You can get a cheap bowl of udon noodles and tempura in places like Shinjuku for a few quid. not great quality but food all the same.

or you could do what i did. get sent by work and stay in poshish hotels. :eek:

edit. duh, i'm talking about tokyo

I have a few grand saved for a deposit for a gaff. I can hear it in my dreams saying stuff like "put me all on mexico to win the worldcup" or "have sex with me".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back