SARAH PALIN APPRECIATION THREAD (1 Viewer)

ROCK ON, BABY!

pa5.jpg

BEAVER, Pennsylvania (CNN) – Does Sarah Palin consider herself a feminist? It depends on which network anchor is asking.

In an interview on NBC Nightly News that aired Thursday, host Brian Williams asked Palin: "Governor, are you a feminist?"

"I'm not gonna label myself anything, Brian," she responded. "And I think that's what annoys a lot of Americans, especially in a political campaign, is to start trying to label different parts of America different, different backgrounds, different … I'm not going to put a label on myself. "

The vice presidential nominee said she believes in women's rights and equal rights. Palin went on to say that when she was growing up in Alaska, she "was expected to do the same thing that the guys were doing."

"I'm not going label myself feminist or not," she concluded, "but I do believe that American women can recognize in me an advocate and a friend. And I want to be in the White House for them."

But Palin gave a different answer in September when Katie Couric of CBS News asked her, "Do you consider yourself a feminist?"

"I do," Palin answered. "I'm a feminist who believes in equal rights and I believe that women certainly today have every opportunity that a man has to succeed, and to try to do it all, anyway."

In that sit-down, Palin told Couric she defines a feminist as "someone who believes in equal rights. Someone who would not stand for oppression against women."

Here hare here

I always crack up laughing when i hear all the "hare here hare's" coming from the Fianna Gael bench in the Dáil.
Especially that muppet next to Bruton, he's crazy for it!
seriously funny though.

anywho....yeah....palin...what a betch.

but what a humourus silly old betch, all at her own expense.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

2 minutes in this really kicks off

Nancy sure can smile though.

Who is this guy? I've never seen him before.
He's like Bill O'Reilly only with a functioning brain.

And here's me not watching American TV because I thought it was shit.

... what more can you say.

Watch it twice.

She actually says that.

and the fruit flies

Astonishing.

That really is astonishing. To talk about biology, or medicine and not know that basically everything, more or less every single thing that has been discovered in genetics, has either been discovered in or modeled somehow in Fruit Fly... how?

There's been dozens of Nobel prizes handed out for fruit fly work since the 1930s.

Until a few years ago the entire subject of Genetics == fruit flies genetics.

How do her people not know that?

Its like asking "What's particle physics got to do with Einstein?"

Sorry. I can't deal with that.
That is terrifying.
In all seriousness, if McCain gets in, I wont necessarily leave the US instantly. But, if he dies its drop everything you own and break for the border time.

When I said dozens of Nobel prizes, I was wrong.

It turns out there has been about 70 Nobel's handed out for fly genetics.

Including one last month there.

Basically, every year someone gets a Nobel prize for work done in Fruit Fly.
Thinking that Dinosaur's frolicked about with people is one thing.
Not knowing what the Bush Doctrine is... OK awkward.
She has said plenty of stupid things, but this... she's up there, talking about science, about scientific policy, and she doesn't know this?

Neither her, nor any, not a single one of her little worker colony of researchers who write her speeches, must have ever opened a biology text book in their lives.

Or seen a bio text book, since there is often a big picture of a fruit fly on the outside of them.

Its not right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back