Sandwich panic (3 Viewers)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
You approach the sandwich bar. You are talking to someone.

The Asian fellow who makes the sandwiches is making eyes at you. You are aware of this, and that you have to decide what sandwich you want. You cannot decide. You continue your conversation. The person you're talking to won't shut up - shut up, for coleslaw's sake, can't you see I've a condition? It's called sandwich panic. It's not gonna happen today, you say to yourself. Today I'm eating a proper sandwich, a sandwich of the gods, and not a dose of schizophrenia on a brown baguette. Today, I will return to my desk, satisfied.

The Asian student blinks suggestively. Perhaps he's turned on by me, you think. But this, this is ridiculous. He is here to make sandwiches. That is his role. He is not here to make kissy face.

"Yes?", says blinky Asian.

Panic rises. Why think these thoughts? You've got work to do, sandwich fillings to choose. But it's rising, rising... Oh hysterica passio! Oh terrible fortune, why bestow confusion on me in this most important of times? Why? You know what you want. You're a man, aren't you? Or are you? You know what you want.

"Yes?" he says again.

"Pastrami with sun dried tomatoes....and.....cheddar cheese... and bean salad."

He smirks, perhaps knowing that he pushed you into this. But he makes the sandwich without questioning your choice. You return with it, deflated.

Back at your desk, you seem incapable of uttering the required expletives as you bite into this culinary monstrosity. Instead, the anger turns inwards, only to resurface tomorrow, once again, as sandwich panic.

I hate having to choose what is going to be in my sandwich down to the last detail. I want the experts, the sandwich gourmets, to have suggested combinations up on a blackboard that I then select from.

You gotta have an emergency/default sandwich filling for these occasions.

Mine's cheese, coleslaw and tomato, boring and easy to remember.

D'ya remember CYO on Wexford st?
Making your own sambo, faced with so MANY yum ingredients made for mucky outcomes. Stick to one gooey substance, as they can takeover ie. pesto/relish/coleslaw/sun-whatever tomatoes+ then lots of salady non-offensive stuff too.

The mathematicians who cracked the enigma code would have a hard time unravelling the mystery of why all boggers love coleslaw.

Why?

The mathematicians who cracked the enigma code would have a hard time unravelling the mystery of why all boggers love coleslaw.

Why?

I wouldn't say I love coleslaw but it's handy in a panic.
Actually, I can't remember the last time I ate the stuff.

isn't it a german thing? kohl means cabbage I know...

Lefty, we rustic folk simply have our ways, while you sophisticats have yours. Do not question. Just say "vive la difference!"

isn't it a german thing? kohl means cabbage I know...

Lefty, we rustic folk simply have our ways, while you sophisticats have yours. Do not question. Just say "vive la difference!"

In the NY they have coleslaw, pot slaw and some other variations I can't remember.

I've said it before and i'll say it again.

Boggers love coleslaw.
yeh my bad nan takes it upon herself to serve us slimey 30 grandkids. No one is allowed get between her and her electric ham knife. (why?) Either chiggen nuggets and chips or a plate of salad thats been sitting in the sun since noon. Each entails warm whole boiled egg, an angry dark purple slice of ham, half a tomato, unwashed lettuce, cold beans and a big blob of coleslaw.

one day in my weird daze when i worked in tescos i read all 200 ingredients in crumbed ham. I noticed it contained gluten, so it wasn't suitable for coelics. And it contained dairy, so it wasn't suitable for vegans. Wait a minute.!bog

my ultima-roll in gstones supervalu is bean salad, stuffing, cheese, cous cous, 'slaw, boring stuff and sweetcorn. It hits the spot for the first 5 minutes then you just want to barter it away.

getting a sandwich these days is like dicing with death. Either the death (at my hands) of the rude bitches in the sanger place I often go to, or my death due to starvation brought on FROM THE SCABBY FUCKING FILLINGS they measure out by the teaspoon. Surely it can't be that difficult to make a sandwich thicker than 1 inch, especially when I am paying six quid for it?

cabbage and mayo. both vile, especially the mayo.

this settles the internal crisis ive been having over whether or not I, being from the town of mullingar itself, am a bogger.

Just coz you don't like coleslaw doesn't make you not a bogger.

However, I'm from Donegal so I'm not a bogger even though I kinda like coleslaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back