Sage Francis + C40 next Monday (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Ed
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 0

Ed

? 42 @ WHELANS PRESENTS...

SAGE FRANCIS (Anticon)

"Hip hop brilliance from the thinking man's Eminem. Personal Journals is both an outstanding debut and probably the best hip hop album you'll hear this year." ***** UNCUT

“…this album is all about the words and how they tumble from tongue to mic to ear with phenomenal flow. The misgits, the mentalism, the sex, the brutal honesty, the beautiful perception, it all conspires to shape the 9-35 year old work of an arch poet.” ***** THE IRISH TIMES

"Sage Francis serves up one lacerating couplet after another, by turns
funny, sinister, painful and nonsensical." **** MUZIK

Plus support from:

CONNECT4ORCHESTRA (Greyslate)

And

DJ FLIP (Talent Show)

WHELAN’S, MONDAY DECEMBER 02
DOORS 8.30PM
TICKETS 10euro
AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY FROM ROAD RECORDS (FADE STREET)
BUY ONLINE @ WWW.ROADRECS.COM

SAGE FRANCIS
? 42 and Whelan’s present an unmissable opportunity to witness possibly the most captivating, and well-rounded emcee in Hip-Hop music today. Hailing from Rhode Island, U.S.A., SAGE FRANCIS has it all - the multi-syllabic rhyme structures of Eminem, the honest poetics of Sole, the abstract conceptualism of Aesop Rock or a young Pharaohe Monch, and the raw, emotional soul of Common. Sage is the jack-of-all-trades, AND the master of them as well - Social consciousness, raw emotion, misogynist satire, and straight comedy. His raspy voice is unmistakable, and his commanding delivery is flawless. On top of all this, he is an astonishing live performer, an accomplished freestyler and battle emcee (former Scribble Jam and Super Bowl Emcee Battle champion), a highly regarded spoken-word poet (Providence R.I. Poetry Slam Team Captain), and lead vocalist for New England band A.O.I.

After releasing the three unofficial Sick of... mix cds to whet his audience’s appetite, Sage Francis released his long awaited debut album Personal Journals - a penetrating analysis of the life and mind of the artist - on leftfield U.S. Hip-hop label Anticon this year. Not even those who had followed Sage from the beginning of his career could be prepared for how well all of the elements of his complex character come together on the album.
Personal Journals received critical acclaim from the press; Hip Hop Connection definitely thought this much-awaited debut was worth the wait - "Only Sage Francis could have his debut album held back for a year and it still be miles ahead of the competition". Uncut stated that Personal Journals is "probably the best hip hop album you'll hear all year" and was labelled "Classic Emo, but with better beats!" by NME. On December 02 Sage Francis makes his Irish debut at Whelan’s of Wexford Street. This is certain to be a spectacle of awe-inspiring emceeing, poetry and wordsmanship from one of underground Hip-Hops most gifted lyricists.

CONNECT4ORCHESTRA
Connect4Orchestra are the rising stars of Dublin’s instrumental rock
fraternity. Their debut album Chisel To The Hip somehow finds new
ground between the riffage of Black Sabbath and the je ne' sais quai of
Stereolab. Their live shows are both astounding feats of six-man
multi-instrumentalism and tight as you like rock action.

DJ FLIP
DJ Flip is the turntablist half of Dublin Hip-Hop crew The Talent Show. Expect a stunning mix of hip-hop old and new.

For more info. visit www.non-prophets.com

right pete, from now on i want you to ban everybody who spells Orchestra with a fucking zero.

as in......

c40

no, really.

it's incredible d'amount of times its done on this board.

bed now :eek:

I was gonna edit it but apparantly i can't so it's now all pete's fault and not mine

i hope there's still tickets, cuz i'd quite like to go :)

there'll be tickets available on the door tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back