S Club Bored In Work 7 (1 Viewer)

still working for me, maybe i'm just special

doesn't work for some other ppl either, just seems random whether you get in or not,

I am bored in work. Right now.
Its 9 pm. I've been here for 11 hrs. I don't get paid overtime.
I have no life. Fuck this shit up.:(

Am listening to Dave Matthews, so you'd think that would have a calming influence, but that doesn't even work.

Aaaahhh. Thank god for thumped.

Matthews has just finished and has been replaced with 'Catholic Girls' by Frank zappa.

'There's nothing like a catholic girl, at the CYO, while they're learning to blow...

all the CATHOLIC BOYSSS'

God bless that man.

new york, people, is like a different country.
but now, you see, i'm startin to wish i didn't come here alone.
cos i do nothing until 6, and my friends are out of work.
anyone wanna suggest something for me to do during the day?

unless you want to go down and look at all the stalls and hot dog stands at ground zero, or pay to look at the big concrete grave, tyeres not much i know to do during the day except for shitty touristy stuff.

yes.
and right now i'm in my old office on murray street and someones playing guitar next door... i could be the 'youth practicing... *sigh*

Originally posted by lorcanzo

unless you want to go down and look at all the stalls and hot dog stands at ground zero, or pay to look at the big concrete grave, tyeres not much i know to do during the day except for shitty touristy stuff.

yes.
and right now i'm in my old office on murray street and someones playing guitar next door... i could be the 'youth practicing... *sigh*

what are you working at? if you're in that general area of manhattan, pop up to E. 4th Street and Broadway and go to 'Other Music'. its fucking great. days i spent, days milling away my time in there. Get the 6 to astor place or bleecker street (i love that name, i could say it all day bleecker bleecker bleecker) and go in.

woo its great.

thats what you have to do with your time.

go to the bloody museums as well.

well of course the great thing about the internet is that no matter where you are, except places that don't have the internet, and I dunno, the moon, you can continue your mundane life of posting on thumped.

I suggest you do that all day.

yay for the internet.

What does New York got anyway.

Originally posted by lorcanzo

yes.

You lucky fucker.

You're quite near St Marks Place too loads of cool stuff down there, you could spend weeks there....

Or if you're really bored do this...

*Rock Junket*
New York City's Original Rock n' Roll Walking Tour, will discuss such legendary venues as The Fillmore East, CBGB'S and The Dom featuring Andy Warhol's Exploding Plastic Inevitable. Discover where Iggy Pop once resided, Johnny Rotten once performed and where the Velvet Underground shook the house.
http://www.imar.com/promote/index.jsp?medid=18&ac1=946

oh, and if you get the chance head down to filmline gallery in south street seaport, pier 17 mall and say hi to my old friend george wang. although hes probably not there anymore. and he probably wouldn't remember me anyway.

go to the bloody museums as well

yes. go see the dinosaur bit in the natural history museum if you want to indulge your inner tyrannosaur-obsessed kid. it rocks. the art galleries are pretty great too, though you have to pay in to lots of them.

moma has the most boring exhibition ever last time i was there.

get out of manhattan, explore brooklyn, hoboken and williamsburg.
and there are tons of wicked record shops. as mentioned other music, but also etherea, and the mondo kims places.

Originally posted by dudley
moma has the most boring exhibition ever last time i was there.

get out of manhattan, explore brooklyn, hoboken and williamsburg.
and there are tons of wicked record shops. as mentioned other music, but also etherea, and the mondo kims places.
[/QUOTE

hes right, but before you get out do this stuff.

go into the bowrey, theres a shit load of really wierd shops with brilliant stuff. i got a sampler for 100 dollars in a shop right beside the ny hells angels hq.

take the train and go out to the suburbs like flushing and further. annoy kids washing their cars.

explore prince/spring street and the surrounding area. soho throws up some cool stuff.

buy a plaid shirt from a bloke with a cardboard box. talk to some of the street traders (me 2 years ago) and bums.

All of the above, and take a wander round the Lower East Side and Chinatown too. Try and find the Vegetarian Dim Sum House in Chinatown for some very bizarre but delicious food. And go to Yonah Schimmel's Knish Bakery on Houston and knosh a knish.

(I also had an obsession with the word Bleecker, but you have to say it in Dr Bunsen from the Muppet Show's voice).

Originally posted by dudley

and there are tons of wicked record shops. as mentioned other music,

Ohhhh other music. Like a spiritual home. Fucking ace.

Oh I wish I was in New York now, instead of poxy Dublin. Was there last summer. Had a blast. I really miss wandering around all day in a massive city on a day off. Greenwich and soho are great for pickin up good stuff for cheap. You can also get great stolen musical equipement in Chinatown, if you ask the right guy in a stereo shop on a saturday morning. Very good gear. How cool is HOT gear ay?.|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back