Ryanair (near) death plane (4 Viewers)

sealed human

Coming back from Barcelona on Monday night, 4 days of boozing left me very shaky indeed...

After a 2 hour delay in taking off, on the ascent this stink of burning circuitry wafts through the plane... If you've ever blown an amp or stereo you know what that smells like. But when you're climbing to 10,000ft it didnt do me, or anyone else on the plane much good, a LOT of shitting-my-pantaloons looks being thrown around!

The pilot then announces that it was just a controlled burning of excess fuel from the last flight or something. So its not burning circuitry but burning FUEL is it? Ah, thats much better...

Anyone come across any Ryanair classics such as this? Pure dodgy safety rather than delays mind .|..|

well if you were flying from barcelona to new caprica i'm not surprised the flight was dodgy. you'd have been flying straight into the arms of the cylons!

sorry.

The pilot then announces that it was just a controlled burning of excess fuel from the last flight or something. So its not burning circuitry but burning FUEL is it? Ah, thats much better...

Anyone come across any Ryanair classics such as this? Pure dodgy safety rather than delays mind .|..|

Dodgy safey eh?
Based on you extensive experience as an aircraft mechanic?

That acrid metallic smell that doesn't smell like exhaust?
Hmm... doesn't sound like fuel to me.
I flew Ryanair a few weeks ago, what the fuck was I thinking?
Worst landings ever.

their captains always sound like swarthy mediterranean types with 70s style aviator shades and coke spoons around their necks over the speaker. doesn't exactly inspire confindence

I was asking for other people's Ryanair in flight experiences of dodgy safety, horrible landings, feelings of doom etc... Or does one have to be a pilot to comment on that??:confused:
You have to know what you are talking about to determine whether something is "dodgy" about safety or not.

I suspect if your knowledge of areoplanes is the same is mine (wings on the sides, wheels below) than your opinion on whether something was dodgy or not is unlikely to mean much.

You have to know what you are talking about to determine whether something is "dodgy" about safety or not.

I suspect if your knowledge of areoplanes is the same is mine (wings on the sides, wheels below) than your opinion on whether something was dodgy or not is unlikely to mean much.

Release the hounds...
photo-12378.gif

The quick turnaround times are a disaster waiting to happen. Those aircrafts are being 'flown' to shit, no doubt safety lapses will occur. family member of mine in head cabin crew with an airline, have to say I'm a bit freaked these days when she does the back to back flights.

The quick turnaround times are a disaster waiting to happen. Those aircrafts are being 'flown' to shit, no doubt safety lapses will occur. family member of mine in head cabin crew with an airline, have to say I'm a bit freaked these days when she does the back to back flights.

Based on my experience of discussing this exact issue with an ex-Ryanair pilot I would say the above is completely correct.

I try and avoid flying with them at all costs. It's not just the safety concerns. I just hate them.

i've managed to not fly with them for years now, very pleased with myself. besides, bmi nearly always works out at the same price.

thing is though, ryanair are too scabby to crash, they'd find someway around it

nothing like a dangerous flight after a few whiskeys. makes you feel alive...ironically.

in fact, i think the last time i did fly ryanair there was a near crash. we were coming into land in edinburgh, just about to touch down, when the engines scream and we go shooting straight back up in the air. pilot hadn't noticed another plane sitting on the runway....

Flying to Venice a couple of months back was one of my all time worst flights. The plane to a serious drop, then shook from side to side - to the point where I exclaimed "fuck!" - and then dropped again. Fucking misery. Surrounded by bastard kids yelping and laughing. I wanted to dive out the emergency exit and hope that my coat would allow me to fly. And not a fucking word from the captain. Motherfucker.

Ah Nailer, you're just being argumentative.
Have you never been on a dodgy flight?

I guess I am a bit - it just these "we are all going to die" stories annoy me. Every time something happens on an aircraft everyone feels entitled to haul off about safety even though they were completely safe and have no understanding of what the hell was going on anyway.

Every time an aeroplane does a controlled descent you get an interview with some biddy from cavan about how it was disgracefull and the plane fell from the sky and the air hostess was nowhere to be seen.

Do you drive around Dublin?
Your old biddy from Cavan... that's me after driving in town after closing time.
I'd prefer to risk my life with Ryanair once a week than deal with the
retards that drive around the city every day.
Rush hour is grand, they can't build up speed.
But once they get going over 30km/h it's like the Funderland dodgems.

in fact, i think the last time i did fly ryanair there was a near crash. we were coming into land in edinburgh, just about to touch down, when the engines scream and we go shooting straight back up in the air. pilot hadn't noticed another plane sitting on the runway....

Same exact thing happened me in LAX many years ago.
Actual touchdown and screaming back up to the heavens.

The plane was so silent after this as we circled back for another landing. Everyone knew how close were were to calamity, yet no one breathed a word.

Delta flight.

Scary things never happen in a plane Nailer, we're all perfectly safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back