Roger Doyle Chalant - Memento Mori [Exclusive Pre-Order] (1 Viewer)

psycho

Website
www.psychonavigation.com
Exclusive CD with every Album download Pre-order!!

Pre-order includes immediate download of 2 tracks in your choice of MP3 320, FLAC, or other formats. A link to the complete album will be emailed to you the moment it’s released.

http://psychonavigation.bandcamp.com/album/chalant-memento-mori

After the haunting narrative tale of Cool Steel Army in 2009, Psychonavigation Records is proud to present the latest project by Ireland’s godfather of Electronica
Roger Doyle.

When speaking about the project recently Roger said “I have composed music around telephone answering machine messages left on my machine from the
late 1980s: from my now-deceased parents, my son when he was ten (he is now a father himself), Jonathan Philbin Bowman, and the morning after the opening night of Oscar Wilde's Salomé at the Gate Theatre, for which I composed a 2 hour onstage
piano score. There's a presence, an atmosphere of nostalgia around these messages. Perhaps it is something to do with irretrievable time and the distance of 24 years that has passed since they were left.”

These intimate verbal time capsules have been interspersed with instrumental compositions evoking a world of an ancient race memory, giving a hint of exotic imagined cultures. Both ideas are forms of time signatures.

In 2011 The NOVA programme presented by Bernard Clarke on Lyric fm broadcast a one hour profile of these new works of Doyle. The programme which is built around Chalant was then chosen as one of the Top 5 winners in the prestigious Prix Europa
awards in Berlin.

For more information on Roger Doyle visit:
www.rogerdoyle.com soundcloud.com/roger-doyle

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back