Rockabilly Guitarist wanted - Cork (1 Viewer)

Indeed, most forums thrive on "wind-up's" and I love a good wind up as much as the next guy, and when people play the game, we can all have a good laugh, but when you start referring to people as silly, just because you dont agree with their point of view, it then becomes personell, and that does not do anyone any good, so for the sake of keeping things civil, lets just agree to differ, because believe me young man, life is way too short to waste it on such things. Now, I refer to you as a young man, not to be derogatory, but to simply state a fact, you are 24, I, on the other hand, am what you could call an old man, or certainly middle aged, Im 48, and with my present state of health, I may be lucky and have another 10 years left before I have to call it a day, so irrespective of whoever thinks I am silly or otherwise, I will run my band the way I see fit, and I will play rockabilly music the way I want to play it, and I will dress the way I want to dress, if people like it, great, if they dont , well, so what. If you want to talk about rockabilly music, thats fine with me, I'll quite happily talk about it with you till doomsday, but, lets leave the personell stuff out of it.

Indeed, most forums thrive on "wind-up's" and I love a good wind up as much as the next guy, and when people play the game, we can all have a good laugh, but when you start referring to people as silly, just because you dont agree with their point of view, it then becomes personell, and that does not do anyone any good, so for the sake of keeping things civil, lets just agree to differ, because believe me young man, life is way too short to waste it on such things. Now, I refer to you as a young man, not to be derogatory, but to simply state a fact, you are 24, I, on the other hand, am what you could call an old man, or certainly middle aged, Im 48, and with my present state of health, I may be lucky and have another 10 years left before I have to call it a day, so irrespective of whoever thinks I am silly or otherwise, I will run my band the way I see fit, and I will play rockabilly music the way I want to play it, and I will dress the way I want to dress, if people like it, great, if they dont , well, so what. If you want to talk about rockabilly music, thats fine with me, I'll quite happily talk about it with you till doomsday, but, lets leave the personell stuff out of it.

Yeah sure Aidan, that's fair enough. I'm quite willing to leave it at that. I didn't mean anything personal by it in the first instance. However, I admit I was slightly alarmed at some of the stuff you'd posted over at spellbound.ie (which I happened to stumble across by accident while looking for your band's myspace) - much of what I posted yesterday was, at least in part, in response to the spellbound thread - but I'm also willing to let that stuff pass.

As for the talking about rockabilly bit, I'm certainly up for it (some other time though, I'm too knackered/intoxicated to do it any sort of justice right now) - there's a serious dearth of rockabilly discussion (of any persuasion) on here.

Cheers.

*Fin*

Thats fine with me, and likewise, my comments on Spellbound are not meant to be personnel either, it's just that if you knew what I have had to endure in order to get my band "on the road", you might understand my reaction, just an example, in 2006, 3 of my band members where in a bad car crash, 1 of them died and the other 2 where so badly injured that they will never be able to play again, and since then it has been a nightmare trying to replace them, add to that all the timewaster's who have let me down at the last moment and all the rest of it, (hence why I am very specific about what I am looking for in a prospective player) I confess I do get a bit touchy when it comes to my band. But enough of that, thats my problem to deal with and in a spirit of good will, my apologies if those comments caused you any offence. The ironic truth is our taste's in rockabilly are practically identical, some of those you mentioned in your list, are amongst my favourites, (just for example, we play a number of Janis Martin numbers in our set), but listening, and playing, are two different things. I love Scotty Moore's early style of playing, same with Cliff Gallup, Paul Burlison etc but due to severe arthritus in my hands, I cant play like them, so like all of us, I just have to do the best I can with what I've got. It may not be to everyone's taste, (I dont expect everyone to like what we do) but if some people like it, then to me, that makes it worth all the effort. Tell you what, when I can get another guitarist sorted out out, why not come down and see us play sometime, have a chat, you might find we're not that different, sure we have different views and opinions but hey, it would be a very boring old world if everyone had identical views and opinions, there would be nothing for us to moan about, except maybe Bertie and his bank accounts, but thats another story as they say, all the best, Aidan

Aidan and St Fechin should now hug.

It is the de rigeur act of reconciliation in rockabilly, after you bate lumps out of each other. I know because a friend of mine is in Spellbound and often extols the virtues of hugging men.

Aidan and St Fechin should now hug.

It is the de rigeur act of reconciliation in rockabilly, after you bate lumps out of each other. I know because a friend of mine is in Spellbound and often extols the virtues of hugging men.

O.K. BIG electronic cyber hug for St. Fechin, (by the way, I deleted the offending comments I posted on the spellbound sight)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back