Road Relish News (1 Viewer)

hugh

Contributor
Since 2000
Solutions
For whoever might be interested ....

Road Relish have two new records about to pop out ...

One of them is a split 7" with The Tycho Brahe on one side and Dinah Brand on the other. We have the Tycho Brahe track and its a total cracker, should be receiving the Dinah Brand track in the next day or two and then it's all systems go.

The other one features rockers giveamanakick on one side and rollers Waiting Room on the other. This is just about ready to go also and both bands tracks are deadly.

Expect launch gigs some time in the not all that distant future ...

what's the difference between road & alpha relish?

(this ain't one of those jokes like "what's the difference between a dog and a bird? duh! one can fly and the other can't)

ages and ages ago, when jackbeast and the waltons and bands like that were still around, i wanted to put out this compilation under the alpha relish umberella, alpha relish being the retarded name i came up with one night when i was really drunk under which to promote gigs. the first gig i did was u.s. maple which all happened really quickly, i stuck alpha rleish on the posters and the name stuck. anyways, i spent nearly 8 months trying to chase up bands to get songs from them for this compilation but it turned out that if i wanted songs by all the bands i was interested in at the time, i'd be waiting for around 2 years. so, one day i was talking to dave about this in road... he said he was thinking about doing something similar and we said why don't we just put them out two at a time on 7"s. we costed it, didn't really have enough money between us so we asked 3 pals to come in on it, one of which was hugh. the other two have dodgy connections with corporate multinationals so they like to keep their involvement in it quiet. the first one was trm and the idiots. the gig sold out and so did the 7"s. so we were all like "hey, this was a pretty good idea" so we kept on doing it. we're all total slcakers now though, years of abuse from venues, journalists and bands has taken it's tole on us... but, it happens every now and again that one or two of us get these enthusiastic spurts... this time it was hugh. actually, the other two unmentionables never actually do anything. obviously, the fact that road is a records shop is obviously really important to the whole thing. yeah, it was a pretty good invested of a couple of hundred bucks. i'd love to see rollers/sparker, 7:10, boxes and some other on the single in the future. sorry, yeah, alpha relish is/was me putting on gigs and releasing a couple of records, most of which i appeared on, a vanity project if you will. road relish is just the name we came up with for the singles club because the other 3 were clever enough not to have associated themsleves with cathy names at the time.

enchance said:
what's the difference between road & alpha relish?

(this ain't one of those jokes like "what's the difference between a dog and a bird? duh! one can fly and the other can't)

Suggestions for future Road Relish releases:

1. Daniel Barry on one side and Scraffito on the other - sometime in late 2007 for that.
2. The Alphabet Set on one side and The Last Sound on the other.
3. Bullets (last track on his EP) on one side and Chokchoi 3K Battery on the other.
4. Townparks Foundry on one side and Halfset on the other.
5. Beards of Jesus on one side and Basten Firebrand Hat-trick on the other (like fuck that'll ever happen!!).

billygannon said:
1. Daniel Barry on one side and Scraffito on the other - sometime in late 2007 for that.
only if he admits that shit about the unmentionable band. *joke*

billygannon said:
2. The Alphabet Set on one side and The Last Sound on the other.
eh... not sure that would sell.

billygannon said:
3. Bullets (last track on his EP) on one side and Chokchoi 3K Battery on the other.
no fucking way. i like chokchoi though.

billygannon said:
4. Townparks Foundry on one side and Halfset on the other.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz david kitt meets tortoise? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

billygannon said:
5. Beards of Jesus on one side and Basten Firebrand Hat-trick on the other (like fuck that'll ever happen!!).
yeah, whatever billy.

billygannon said:

wouldn't that be just equivalent to listening to the "noise" created by the slurping sound a plug hole makes when it drains the last bit of water?

as for future suggestions, a 7:10/killing spree 7" would be gold. hermie in tweed (where are they now?)

yeah, and killing spree... forgot them. them's aces.
enchance said:
wouldn't that be just equivalent to listening to the "noise" created by the slurping sound a plug hole makes when it drains the last bit of water?

as for future suggestions, a 7:10/killing spree 7" would be gold. hermie in tweed (where are they now?)

wow! that's exactly what i was thinking because one of the songs we have features one of the other unmentionables members! and it rocks! say mark, do you have a track ready?
Mark King said:
i've a suggestion! what about boxes and giraffe running!?

hag said:
wow! that's exactly what i was thinking because one of the songs we have features one of the other unmentionables members! and it rocks! say mark, do you have a track ready?

ready since december, ackshully...

oh cool! because ours will be ready in around a month... the unmentionable one is away in france right now recording with his gay band. he's going to lay down his bits when he gets back... so, yeah, in around a month. coolie!

Mark King said:
ready since december, ackshully...

hag said:
Here ... I thought Alpha Relish was your "vanity project" ?

yeah, that's what i said!

"alpha relish is/was me putting on gigs and releasing a couple of records, most of which i appeared on, a vanity project if you will."

i know what you're getting at though :) but one of the other heads will be on it too! let's just see what happens, eh ;) i'm not actually 'in' giraffe running, i'm just doing some drumming for greg so it's not the same thing... heh.

hugh said:
Here ... I thought Alpha Relish was your "vanity project" ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back