RIP Trish Keenan (Broadcast) (2 Viewers)

Terribly sad news. I was priveleged to see her perform just over a month ago and she was radiant, funny and in fine form. Broadcast went down a storm and she returned to the stage to perform an encore acapella version of 'You and Me in Time'. Leaving the stage she threw up a hippy peace sign and walked off smiling. So shocked to hear she fell ill so soon after and that gig will be a bittersweet memory forever after. RIP Trish.

Nice memory to have, Wheels.

I never got to see them myself but they would have been one of those bands that 'could do no wrong' in my opinion.

Was fairly stunned when I heard this news today.

Am in shock. Very sad news. "Come on lets go" is such a beautiful song. I only saw them once, in Berlin many years ago. What a voice.

very sad and shocking news. Trish was a beautiful singer. Broadcast Music Centre show in 2000 is an amazing memory. rip

very sad. was at that 2000 gig too and have been waiting ever since to get an opportunity to see them again. wonderful first album.

Awful news, really got into them when Tender Buttons came out and was patiently waiting for a proper follow-up. Never got to see them play live. Fucked up that somebody fairly young can die of pneumonia in Britain in this day and age. Somebody on another message board that I read was friendly with her and posted this mix that she made for him a few months back:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cbdms78tcqm4el9
(Tracklisting here)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back