Rimbaud Distro update - Traktor, Compilations from Iran, Books, Russian rock`n`roll.. (1 Viewer)

Rimbaud

...i'm nearly done here..
Supporter
Website
www.rimbaudrecords.com
Ok - i`ve updated the Distro on Rimbaud Records - i ain`t going to post the list up here - so you`ll have to make that little extra effort and click on the link and check the site.

Since its Christmas - i`ll be throwing in LOTS of freebies for those who order stuff.It may be anything from Frank Sinatra lps to Weather Report records to bands you`ve never heard of on cd/tape/records...but its all good ain`t it?

---------------------------------------------------------------
See Distro for new stuff including Traktor 7"`s and some tapes from Russia of high grade rock and stuff!

On the way in the next week or so:
Book: Discography of Eastern European Punk Music 1977-1999 - here for more details!

V/A: "1382: The Persian New Waves" LP (IRAN-2004) from Tian An Men 89 records.The very first Iranian punk compilation ever, first LP on TAM89! With: Oolanbator, Divane, Alookal, Mud, Superman & the Joe Ordinaries, Black Blooms, Dark Earth, Fat Rats!!

You Got Your Orders cds - Various artists from Thruston Moore to Vaz
End of the Century Party - discography cds

--------------
Got some cool tapes of P.T.V.P. - who are from Moscow and sound like a mix of the Pixies, Beastie Boys and a good dose of Butthole Surfers.
Loa Loa cds - amazing full on Beatles samples cum Powerviolence also from Moscow - got to check em out big time.

Traktor 7"s are also in stock - Sweden trailblazers on english label Art for Blind.For fans of Refused et al.

The distro also carries alot of Irish bands - please support the small scene we have here.

The Killing Spree 7" & Magnetize - Biome album are available also.Please give us a shout, or pick em up next time your in Road or FreeBird or any of the other main shops.

Thanks mang!!
Eamonn

Some stuff from Uzbekistan(depends on the postal service out there) and other regions on the verge should also be in stock in the future.
It should be a chance for people to hear music from regions they would`nt normally have easy access to.

It also might show people that great kick ass music is being made outside of the UK/Europe & USA.Theres a big world out there.
.|..|

Re: Rimbaud Distro update - Traktor, Compilations from Iran, Books, Russian rock`n`ro

Rimbaud said:
Some stuff from Uzbekistan(depends on the postal service out there) and other regions on the verge should also be in stock in the future.
It should be a chance for people to hear music from regions they would`nt normally have easy access to.

It also might show people that great kick ass music is being made outside of the UK/Europe & USA.Theres a big world out there.
.|..|
yeah, the Iranian stuff is something I would be quite interested in.

I imagine they would have a lot more to sing about that the punk bands here.

hag said:
what they like?
bits of reviews

"La Quiete is an Italian screamo band that seem to be attracting a bit of attention from nerdy emo kids who live on the internet like myself. This is because they are any good. They sound like a mix of mid 90's emo such as Portraits of Past and more modern chaotic stuff like Orchid, which leads me to the natural conclusion: they are very much like Funeral Diner. It's a mixup of awesome melodic riffage and pounding drumming, harsh screamy vocals and faster, more erratic parts."

"La Quiete may be a band that you are familiar with. If you are not, and you like bands that cry and scream and play galloping melodic emo guitars and they go all cute with the twinkle, then forsooth! You are missing out. La Quiete is the great! They have three songs on here, two are resplendent in their dishing out of fast melodies and harsh, screamed vocals. Sandwiched in between is a nice, but ultimately un-necessary, instrumental. The emo style that they bawl is reminiscent of my favourite frantic French (go aliteration) stuff, i.e. bands like Jasemine, addled with a more modern chaotic hardcore approach. And it verily works. Nice. Track 3 breaks down with some piano and the singers going ARRRRGH! RAAAAA! and WAAAAAAH! over the top. Fantastic. This is why someone invented emo, so that emo kids could do this kind of thing without feeling silly. "

"Ruddy hell, it's Soft Cell! I mean, La Quiete. How many feckin' records do La Quiete have out? They are nothing if not prolific. And great. Yes, they are great. Some day I will find all my stuff by them and record it all on a tape maybe. It'd be like an LP by now. And an LP is something they need to hurry up and make. Please. I beg for that album in pretty much every review I write about them. Anyway, on this split they have a pair of songs, and continue to expand on their take on the style which is playing guitars dead fast and melodically whilst squawking in a frantic fashion. The opener emotes to fine effect building up to the dramatic conclusion of the song, whilst the second track just flies around at the pace of a fast (squawking) bird with moments of subdued and dark twinkling. HOTT. They waste the ending of this song though, it is a great build up that should just emerge into all the dudes going ARGHHHHHH! but it just repeats and eventually fades out. Never mind. Anyway, La Quiete is kind of like Mohinder. Smart."

07.jpg

mp3
La Fine Non è La Fine - 4:26
taken from "la fine non è la fine" CD

can my new band support? we'll be ready by then. haven't settled on a name yet but hanging out with italians for a couple of hours is the equivalent of 10 years in therapy. (therapy that works that is!!!)

Re: Rimbaud Distro update - Traktor, Compilations from Iran, Books, Russian rock`n`ro

spiritualtramp said:
oooh
I wouldn't mind "reviewing" yer man on the left.
that's it, i'm growing a floppy fringe. it seems like the equivalent of having massive boobs. if the guy in the middle was looking serious and had a floppy fringe, you'd ride him as well, wouldn't you... girls. so fickle, it makes me sick to my core.

ha ha!!

They sound like they'd be good and they are hott. This pretty much fulfils the criteria.

spiritualtramp said:
oooh
I wouldn't mind "reviewing" yer man on the left.

hag said:
can my new band support? we'll be ready by then. haven't settled on a name yet but hanging out with italians for a couple of hours is the equivalent of 10 years in therapy. (therapy that works that is!!!)
i dont know...
there is an irish band already sorted and they may be bring a norwegian band too...
we'll see...

ps: what does your new band sound like and who is in it?

hag said:
that's it, i'm growing a floppy fringe. it seems like the equivalent of having massive boobs. if the guy in the middle was looking serious and had a floppy fringe, you'd ride him as well, wouldn't you... girls. so fickle, it makes me sick to my core.
well you could grow both the fringe *and* some man boobs. then everyone would want to make babies with you.

swingkid said:
i dont know...
there is an irish band already sorted and they may be bring a norwegian band too...
we'll see...

ps: what does your new band sound like and who is in it?
secret. the sound is deadly. are you still just promoting gigs as a vehicle to further your own stardom?

spiritualtramp said:
well you could grow both the fringe *and* some man boobs. then everyone would want to make babies with you.
poor response. i await a better one. floppy fringe = sexy because ??? it's brian ferry, right? everyone just wants to think they're riding brian ferry. that is an explanation i could live with.

hag said:
poor response. i await a better one. floppy fringe = sexy because ??? it's brian ferry, right? everyone just wants to think they're riding brian ferry. that is an explanation i could live with.
a floppy fringe does not make a bloke hot.

I think it is the combination of the guys nose, sideburns and the floppy fringe that I was oohing over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back