Rhodri Davies/Traw @ The Printing House-Wednesday 6 Sept (1 Viewer)

david

Website
Visit site
i-and-e presents
IMPROV AT THE PRINTING HOUSE # 11

RHODRI DAVIES (harp, London)

TRAW (live electronics, Cardiff)

DAVID LACEY (percussion/electronics)
DENNIS McNULTY (computer)
PAUL VOGEL (computer/clarinet)

THE PRINTING HOUSE
TRINITY COLLEGE DUBLIN
WEDNESDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER
8 PM
10 EURO

Rhodri Davies is a musician working in the field of new, experimental and improvised music and is widely acclaimed for developing a new voice for the harp. He explores noise, live electronics, silence, texture and abstract sound. He has been based in London since 1995 and has performed in the US, Japan,
Canada and Europe.He has performed and recorded with artists such as: Derek Bailey,John Butcher, Toshimaru Nakamura, Luc Ferrari, Evan Parker, Annette Krebs, Christian Marclay, Sachiko M, Taku Sugimoto, Otomo Yoshihide, David Toop and John Zorn.
Traw (pronounced tra-oo) is a trio of Cardiff-based improvising musicians who use software to investigate the musicality of unconventional or conceptually related sound sources: from field recordings of fireworks and rural shops to objects found in the bathroom. They also collaborate with live musicians, using real-time sampling and processing to create dense and unpredictable soundworlds.
More info: www.i-and-e.org
www.rhodridavies.co.uk
www.fouriertransform.com

I've seen this guy play a few times and cannot stress enough how Oarsome this will be.

227055084_6b4099f079_o.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back