RHCP Geek Out (2 Viewers)

Pantone247

Since 2000
Website
pantone247.blogspot.com
http://www.guitarplayer.com/story.asp?storycode=15789

yeah I'm not much of a fan or anything, but John F spills the beans here in great detail, might be of interest to someone...

“Dani California” I used a straight Strat tone on the first section of the first verse, and on the second section the guitar signal is split and panned in stereo, with the original part on the left, and a part processed using my Doepfer modular synth on the right. Basically, the signal from the tape is used to trigger an envelope generator (or ADSR), which responds to playing dynamics, and uses that information to dynamically control a low-pass filter. Unlike a typical envelope filter pedal, this setup allows me to create many more sounds than mere wah effects.

as you do...

I did stuff like that on "Cut Your Heart Out" by the Rednecks with the drums and one of the guitars using my Sherman Filter Bank as an envelope follower.
It's nothing new - people have been doing it since the 60's.

I did stuff like that on "Cut Your Heart Out" by the Rednecks with the drums and one of the guitars using my Sherman Filter Bank as an envelope follower.
It's nothing new - people have been doing it since the 60's.

you want to get onto him... 8 )

what's most revealing is if you listen to the album you'd never guess that it was done with anything more then one strat, a marshall stack and a DS-1...

you want to get onto him... 8 )

what's most revealing is if you listen to the album you'd never guess that it was done with anything more then one strat, a marshall stack and a DS-1...

It you tune the filters right it's a really good way of adding a bit of body to a guitar sound.
You can tune it to add loads of harmonics to the low end and then get them to trigger when the guitar is played lightly or heavily.
Probably what he did.

John Frusciante is a class guitarist..."blood sugar sex magic" is probably still in my top 10 favourite albums ever...I remember learning off all the tablature from that album...well, trying to.

Apart from that album and "Mother's Milk", RHCP are sickeningly bland...they seem to have released the same album 3 times now.

John Frusciante is without doubt my favourite guitarist. If you need proof that he creates brilliant music then grab a copy of Curtains (one of 7 albums he recorded in 12 months).

A living legend, he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back