Revenge Therapy distro list Oct 2004 (1 Viewer)

xiknowitsoverx

well I decided to type up the distro. Should be some new stuff arriving over the coming months.Not much else to report. the YOUR NEW FRIEND 7 inch is down to about 9 copies, after that it's gone for good.no repress. something else should emerge in the coming months hopefully....

REVENGE THERAPY DISTRO STOCK

ANDY, GLEN AND RITCH ‘’escape from the Bastille’’ CDEP (the audacious art experiment Recs) 2004
Quite possibly the worst moniker for a band ever. The music however is pretty damm good.4 tracks of intricate and energetic style Touch And Go math rock in the vein of Don Cabellero with an emo finish in the style of someone like Braid possibly and Spy versus spy. Ex Green Acre./ £4.50 / E 6.50

BLOCKO s/t CD ( Boss Tuneage Recs) 2003
Debut full-length album after a plethora of 7 inches and split 7 inches. Really really good Husker Du meets Drive/Leatherface type melodic hardcore. from London./ £6/E 8.80

BUCK ‘’Hello Holland’’ CD (Kasual Recs) 2001
Awesome Swedish indie rock very reminiscent of Superchunk and Archers of Loaf mixed with a few long spacey tracks over 10 minutes in length with keyboards and programming that are a lot like Sigur Ros et all. /£6/ E 8.80

EESSH ‘’candy store’’ CD (Boss Tuneage Recs) 2000
Debut album. 16 tracks of good slick upbeat power pop punk like ALL or Porcelain Boys./£4/E 5.80

ENSTAND/KAFKA split CDEP (No! Recs/Fuxony Recs)2002
Finland’s Enstand do 4 of their own tracks and a blistering cover of ‘’can’t tell no one’’ by N.Approach.Rocking melodic hardcore. Kafka from Italy do 4 tracks of Spazzy metallic hardcore. /£3.50/ E 5.10

FUNBOBBY ‘‘somebody kllled my puppy’’ CDR (Self released)2004
12 tracks of pop punk from Limerick./£3.50/E 5.0

I WALK THE LINE ‘’Badlands’’ (Boss Tuneage Recs/Combat Rock Industry) 2004
10 tracks of Hammond organ addled Murder City Devils meets Social Distortion style
punk rock and roll from Finland the bands contains members of Wasted and Manifesto Jukebox. Good debut album./£6.00/ E 8.80

LANGDON BECK S/t CDR (TCF Recs) 2004
7 tracks of melodic husky gravelled vocalled punk rock from Killcoole Co Wicklow in Ireland. Very reminiscent of early Small Brown Bike and more modern No Idea bands like Gunmoll and the like./£3.00/ E 4.40

LUCKY LUCIANO ‘’Carry on’’ CDEP (Go Team Records)2004
Named after a Mafia big cheese I believe.5 tracks of metallic hardcore a la Slayer, Walls of Jericho and early Visions of Disorder. From Detroit Michigan. £4.50/E6.60

MAKE MENTION ON SIGHT ‘’the beginning’’ CDR (Kawaii Records)2004
6 demo tracks and 1 live track.Totally great upbeat Gorilla Biscuits style Old school straight edge hardcore from Japan. Includes a Unit Pride cover…/£2.50/E3.60

PAVERS ‘’Return to the Island of No return’’ CD(Boss Tuneage/Rachet Records) 2002
14 track album fronted by Scott Reynolds who used to sing for pop punk legends ALL. Great classy pop punk with his pretty distinctive and individualistic vocals. The tracks are really catchy and get stuck in your head pretty quickly .Some copies come with a 4 track bonus CD of an early EP.nice/£6/E 8.80

PAVERS ‘’Beautiful’’ CDEP ( Boss Tuneage Records) 2001
6 tracks EP of more of the same as above.awesome/£4.50/E 5.80

SECOND AGE ‘’the tides have turned’’ CD(Refuse Records) 2002
Poland always conjured up crusty bands and tape releases of Oi Polloi. These guys however play more youth crew type hardcore with a Youth of Today cover thrown in for good measure. Comparable to bands like Man Lifting Banner and other Euro bands from the late 90’s.Lyrics cover both the personal and political. Lyrics are printed in English and Polish.
/£6/E 8.80

SHUTDOWN ‘’1990-1995’’ CD ( Boss Tuneage Recs) 2003

Loads of tracks here.really good UK band from the early to mid 1990’s who started off playing mid 1980’s Dischord type stuff then got more melodic and started sounding like Samiam and Moving Targets.- this retrospective compilation includes everything they ever recorded, except for the two albums that appeared on Golf, and includes the 6 tracks from the 1990 demo, the 8 tracks from the debut 12", 5 demo tracks from 1991 that appeared later on the "emits a real bronx cheer" album, two cover versions, the tracks from the suspect device split 7" and a live version of a never recorded track ./5.50/E 8.00

SOON ‘’please accelerate’’ CD (Funtime Records)2003

8 tracks CDEP clocking in at 35 minutes. Nice post rock reminding me of Feverdream at times and at other times a slower At The Drive In. Nice digi pack packaging.From Belgium.
/£6.00/E 8.80

SPEEDWELL ‘’my life is a series of vacations’’ CDEP (Ignition Records)2002
Nice tracing paper cover.Deep Elm style Indie rock from the USA. All Keyboards and general
Twee-ness. Makes me want to dig out Promise ring records.reminds me of Reggie and the Full Effect on the opening track. The remainder of the EP reminds me of a lot of Deep Elm records bands./£4/ E 5.8

SPITFIRE DOWN ‘’all I ever loved’’ CDEP (Dead and Gone Records) 200
Straight Ahead hardcore that actually sounds like the old band Straight Ahead in the vocal department. Sadly the band just split up. 9 tracks that also bring to mind Carry on and some Bridge Nine Bands./£4.50/E 6.50

RENO DIVORCE ‘’Naysayers and yesmen’’ CD( Boss Tuneage Recs) 2002
Debut album.Great rock and roll/punk rock from Denver.Really really like Social Distortion
Vocally. All quiffs and sleave tattoos everywhere./5.50/E 8.00

RUNNIN RIOT ‘’Built in Belfast’’ CD (Bad Dog Records)2004
The latest opus from Belfast’s working class heroes. recorded in Giros and mixed by the legendary Mac Mc Williams.11 tracks and a very apt outro.The track ‘’no superiors’’ is fucking awesome as is most of the album./£6.00/E 8.80

THE JONES ‘’Gravity Blues’’ CD ( Boss Tuneage Records)2000
Anthenmic catchy melodic hardcore in a Leatherface vein. The vocalist was the singer
for the ace late 80’s/early 90’s English band HDQ that shared members with
Leatherface./£5.50/E8.00

THE LEGACY ‘’Dead Weight’’ CD (Dead and Gone Records)2003
6 tracks of no frills metal free old school hardcore from Sheffield mixing Turning Point, Chain of Strength and In My Eyes.This is fucking great./£4.50/E 6.50

THE NILS ‘’Green Fields in Daylight’’ (Mag Wheel Records)1996
78 minutes of deleted EP’s, comp tracks, demo, live, interview and unreleased tracks from this seminal Canadian band from the early 1980’s.think Replacements and Lemonheads and maybe Husker Du.It has a history of the band in the booklet. Very recommended./ £.5.50/E 8.00

THE PHOENIX FOUNDATION ‘’these days’’ CD( Combat Rock Industry/Newest Industry Recs ) 2003
Sometimes I’m convinced I think everything sounds like Husker Du, this lot REALLY sounds like early Husker Du. Compiling a 10 inch and debut 7 inch. 12 tracks of fucking
Great melodic gravel vocalled melodic punk.Fom Finland./£5.00/E 7.30

THE STEAM PIG ‘’Potshots’’ (P.Shit Records) 2003
This is the 3rd album from this Dublin outfit. Motorhead meets a more street punk style
/£3.50/E 5.00

WASTED ‘’Here we go again’’ 1998-2001 (Combat Rock Industries Boss Tuneage)2003
29 tracks of split 7 inches, 7 inches comp tracks, unreleased and live spanning the aforementioned years. A blend of S.Distortion, SLF the Clash Leather face, Manifesto Jukebox with a Street punk edge.great./£6.00/E 8.80

WEI JI S/T CDEP( Sanjam Records) 1999
Formerly known as Six Pack (who did a split 7" with Samiam),French outfit with 4 tracks of indie rock like Braid/Rainer Maria with a Dischord influence as well maybe.£4/E 5.80

and the 2nd part. the wax.....

VINYL 7 INCH

ACTIVE MINDS ‘’The National Lotta E’’ ( Looney Tunes Recs)1997??
The title track is awesome. 8 tracks of thrash mixed with more melodic stuff too.Inspiring lyrics as always. Cheap as chips./£1.75/E 2.5

ANNALISE/GUNMOLL split (Boss Tuneage Records)2003
Two tracks each. Exeter’s Annalise has a huge output l of albums and 7 inches.These tracks are all new and unreleased.Annalise sound borrows from Pegboy and J Church with a slight mod influence. Gunmoll are from Gainsville Florida home of HWM and Against Me! et all. They sound a lot like Jawbreaker and the like with pretty gruff vocals. Clear and orange splattered vinyl./£3/E 4.30

BOSSEYE ‘’Hellish ride over’’ (Town Clock Recs)2004
Ex Writes Offs. Quite Similar to Capdown (ska punk). Not my fav genre at all so I can’t tell you if it’s any good. 4 tracks. Split maroon and yellow translucent vinyl./£2.50/E 3.60

BUCK ‘’hate angels’’ (Strange Fruit Records) 200???
Weird name for a label considering there is already a S.Fruit releasing Peel Session stuff. This is on a German label. Three tracks of more abrasive than the album Superchunk influenced indie rock from Sweden./£2.50/E 3.60

CAUSTIC SODA ‘’Femalevolence’’ ( Crackle! Records)1998
Awesome Jawbreaker style band from Australia.4 tracks./£2.50/E3.60

CONE ‘’Smile for Me’’ 7 inch (Crackle Records)1998
Four tracks produced by Frankie Stubbs of Leatherface. Sounds half way between the aforementioned L’face and early Snuff and the like./£2.50./E3.60

DAY OF THE DEAD S/T ( Goodwill Records) 2002
6 blistering tracks. Portuguese hardcore like a mix of Bane and A.Nightmare. Lyrics in English with explanations./£2.50/E3.60

DEAD FOR A MINUTE/SUBMERGE split (Abstract/Acid Folk/Shinya/Shogun Recs)2002
Two French bands. Dead For a Minute=brutal grind.Submerge=screamy grindy stuff with a French emo influence like Ivich or the like./£2.50/E.3.60

DEAD RED SEA S/T 7 inch ( Ignition Records)2002
Contains members of Cross my heart. Deep Elm style indie rock they have an album on er Deep Elm. Two tracks.Clear red vinyl./£2.50/£3.60

DIEFENBAKER ‘’Strike the match’’ (The Ringside Corporation)2000
Six Tracks of Jawbreaker style melodic punk rock from Sweden. Politically sussed lyrics.
Last remaining Copies of this as it’s nearly out of print./£2.50/E 3.60

DISCOUNT ‘’open ended aerial’’ (Rugger Bugger Discs)1999
Great upbeat female fronted indie rock from Florida. The singer Alison now fronts trendy NME approved London band the Kills . Three tracks recorded in London whilst on tour in late
1998. /£2.50/E 3.60

FRANKLIN LAKES ‘’running all the red lights’’ (Samuel/Pohoda Records) 2002?
Ex Last Days Of April. Four tracks of Indie rock clocking in at nearly 14 minutes./£2.50/E3.60

FUERZA DE LUCHA s/t ( Sell Our Souls Records) 2003
From SPAIN.6 tracks of fast thrash like Sin Dios meets a more
old school SXE sound like Chain of Strength or Ten Yard Fight.
Lyrics and vocals are in Spanish. White and black splattered vinyl./£2.50/
E 3.60

FIG 4.0/ENSIGN split (Household Name Records) 2003
Recorded in 2001 this split sees the light of day two years later. On a weird
note John who drums on the Ensign tracks here also played on the New
New Friend 7 inch that was recorded in the same year as this.Fig 4.0 are
Kid Dynamite Style thrash. Ensign offer up three tracks of old school hardcore.
limited to 500/£2.50/E 3.60

GUIDINGLINE ‘’Showdown’’ (Commitment Records) 1998
Great Euro straight edge from Holland like Instead and Side By Side.
/£2.50/E3.60

HOT WATER MUSIC/RYDELL split ( Ignition/Scene Police Recs)
The H.W.M track is a demo version of a track off the bands third album.
Rydell are from England and are more Deep Elm style indie rock .Clear
Vinyl/£2.50/E3.60

IPANEMA ‘’Je Suis Un Baseball bat vs skull’’ ( Boss Tuneage/Does Eveyone Stare Records)2003
Debut single from Wiz who used to be in Mega City Fours new band.Two tracks of catchy, upbeat and melodic indie/punk with very individual vocals. Awesome. Heavy cream vinyl/
£2.50/E3.60

K-LINE ‘’Lessons Learned’’ (Boss Tuneage/Does Everyone Stare? Records)2003
Contains Ex Stupids/sink/Chocolate members. It’s not however the rip roaring thrash
that the Stupids were famous for. It’s more mid to late 1908’s hardcore with an
At The Drive In influence .Heavy clear vinyl/£3.00/E.4.30

LONG LIVE ‘’the tail end of dusk’’ (Santos Records)2004
The sleeve looks like it could have came out on Subjugation Records in the mid 1990’s.
The Music isn’t a million miles away from that either. Sounds a bit like Owls in places.
Jazzy post rock from Norwich/£2.50/E.3.60

MANIFESTO JUKEBOX s/t ( Tring Records)1999
Don’t know how I ended up with these. But this is the first press not on Combat Rock. Awesome debut 7 inch from M.Jukebox.Very abrasive chunky riffs with Husker Du esque vocals. Really good./£2.50/E3.60

MAPLE ‘Schematic’’ (Underhill/Strange Fruit Records)2002
Great female fronted indie rock from Spain. Three tracks.Clear vinyl./£2.50/E3.60

OHH ‘’the black river ‘’ (Release the Bats Records)2003
A weird one this. 1970’s rock meets electronica apparently. Orange vinyl. From Sweden/
£2.50/E 3.60

ON A SOLID ROCK ‘’where the kids don’t play’’ (Commitment Records)2002
Old School hardcore from Finland like Enstand in that it’s got a slight rocking twist.
Debut release./£2.50/E 3.60

OUTLINE/DAWN OF ALL AGES split (Division Records)1998
Think both bands are from Switzerland as that’s where the label hails from.Outline are kind of like Refused, and Dawn of All Ages are more straight forward metallic hardcore./£2.50/E3.60

RED CABERET/THE PHOENIX FOUNDATION split (passing bells/S.U.P.O/Vacos/Boss Tuneage Records) 2004
The packaging on this is great. Gatefold sleeve and heavy red vinyl. Red Cabaret offer up one track that is over 7 minutes long. Screamy and shouty spazzy hardcore with post rock influences. The Phoenix Foundation who are also from Finland have two more straight forward Husker Du type tunes./£3.00/E4.30

and the last part.....

SHORTCUT TO NEWARK ‘’Heads in hands, hearts in half’’ (Boss Tuneage/Rock Em Dead Records)2003
Promise Ring meets Jimmy Eats Word style indie rock From England . Heavy light blue vinyl./£2.50/E3.60

SLINGSHOT AROUND THE MOON s/t ( Runnin Riot Records)2003
Packaged in a red envelope sleeve with a picture on an angel on the cover. It’s nice Mineral/Elliot influenced indie rock from England.Clear blue vinyl.£2.50/E3.60

SUNPOWER ‘’total control’’ (Still Holding On Recs) 2003
The name sounds like a rubbish hippy band, however it’s ripping thrashy hardcore
early 1980’s style like Minor Threat, Circle Jerk, Black Flag and Seein Red( in the
vocals).*8 tracks in all from this Belgian band./£2.50/E3.60

THE KAM 4 ‘’half flip casper’’ (Montage Records) 1998
Crimpshine/early Lookout Records style pop punk from New York. Cheap due to tatty
Sleave./£1.50/E. 2.60

THE VANISING/SOMETHING ABOUT VAMPIRES AND SLUTS Cure tribute
(Releases the Bats Records)2003
Two bands covering the Cure. I think they might be Swedish, but no info is given. The Vanishing do ‘’a forest’’ and S.A.V.A.S do ‘’grinding halt’’. Black and White splattered vinyl./£2.50/E3.60

TOAST ‘’Come dancing with toast’’ ( Crackle! Recs)1996
Two original tracks two Bad Religion covers ‘’latch key kids’’ and ‘’best for you’’ .The bands own tracks are Screeching Weasel esque pop punk with Snotty vocals./£2.50/E3.60

VINYL LP’S

ACTIVE MINDS ‘’free to be chained’’ (Looney Tunes Recs) 1997
Great 2nd LP. Good in depth booklet with explanations etc/£3.50/E 5.0

I WALK THE LINE ‘’Badlands’’ LP ( Boss Tuneage/Combat Rock Industries)2004
This has an extra track not on the CD so it’s 11 tracks of Hammond organ addled Murder City Devils meets Social Distortion style punk rock and roll from Finland. The bands contains members of Wasted and Manifesto Jukebox. Good debut album. Brown vinyl.Tear in top of sleeve on these copies so it’s a little bit cheaper./£5.00/E 7.20

JENIFEREVER/ THE LAST AUTUMN SOUNDSTRACK split 12inch EP(Todler Recs)2003
5 tracks in total. Both bands play indie rock in a Deep Elm records vein. Limited white vinyl.
Jeniferever are from Sweden.T.L.A.S are from England./£5.00/E 7.20

KNIFED/ SCIENTIFIC BONG split ( Control Records) 2003
Knifed are old school thrashy hardcore from Dublin, think Limpwrist meets old Boston bands. Scientific Bong are thrashy spazzy hardcore from Dublin ( now defunct)./£5.00/E7.20

RUNNIN RIOT ‘’Built in Belfast’’ LP (Bad Dog Records)2004
The latest opus from Belfast’s working class heroes. recorded in Giros and mixed by the legendary Mac Mc Williams.11 tracks and a very apt outro.The track ‘’no superiors’’ is fucking awesome as is most of the album./£6.00/E 8.80

STARMARKET ‘’Songs of Songs’’ (Strange Fruit/Background Beat Recs)2001
The most recent album from this very very good Swedish indie rock band. Slower and different than previous efforts. Still really good though./£6.00/E8.80

WASTED ‘’can’t wash off the stains’’ 1O inch (Boss Tuneage Recs/Combat Rock Industries)2003
Five track EP thing. Really good Social Distortion style punk rock from Sweden./£4.50/E6.50

V/A POP A BONER comp (Get Happy!! Records) 2000
Loads of pop punk bands from the USA on side A and from Germany on side B. Bands
including The Lynnwoods, the Beatnik Termites, The Unknown, Bluntos Revenge and
more..Cheap as chips./£3.50/E 5.0

postage rates are as follows

UK EIRE/EUR (Airmail) R.WORLD(Airmail)
7 inchs/

one £0.75/E 1.00 £1.55/2.25 £1.90/E 2.70
each additional £0.35/E 0.50 £0.75/E1.00 £ 0.95/E 1.30

CD/

one £0.70/E1.00 £1.60/E 2.30 £1.90/E2.70
each additional £0.40/E0.60 £.0.80/E 1.15 £ 0.95/E 1.30

LP/10 inch

one £1.50/E 2.15 £3.00/E 4.30 £ 4.50/E 6.50
each additional £1.00/E 1.45 £2.00/ E2.90 £3.00/E 4.35

I know it’s a tad crap that it cost more to post a record to say for example Dundalk than to Scotland, unfair but that how it is. Postage costs may change over time. The prices here have be worked out pretty accurately, via posting stuff to these places over the last few months and looking at other distros lists.
Obviously it’s common sense to get CD’s sent without jewel cases to save postage. So if you want your CD’s sent without a jewel cases email and I’ll sort out another rate for that, either way it works out cheaper for you.

I should be getting Pay Pal soon. But then again I procrastinate so don’t get your hopes up. Should have it soon though..

EMAIL [email protected] to reserve stuff/questions etc

Cheques/Postal Orders payable to ‘’Philip Hamilton’’

Hidden cash is not recommended. I’ve had stuff go astray so don’t bother with that. I will berate you incessantly you if you do.

Postal orders can be sent to

Revenge Therapy Recs
Po Box 914
Belfast
BT15 5YA
Co Antrim
N.Ireland

Otherwise just email for info….

That is all…

Cormac in Danmark you Fig.4.0 7 inch should be there real soon
Mr Rimbaud your package should also be there soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back