renting homes with children (1 Viewer)

Pantone247

Since 2000
Website
pantone247.blogspot.com
my lease is up at the moment, I'm hoping it'll be renewed but it's possibly it won't, or may not be a full year, so it could be off to daft for me. In the past I've always found places with friends and word of mouth and such things, been lucky I guess. Anyone any experience in renting with their children and waht agencys or landlords make of it, is it even an issue?

They'll usually specify no children in the advert. I reckon you'll be okay.

Still out in Dean's Grange?

They'll usually specify no children in the advert. I reckon you'll be okay.

Still out in Dean's Grange?

yeah, hoping to stay around there too, I really like it and am actually glad to be out of the city... which I never thought I'd say... Hopefully I can stay where I am, but there seems to be lots of places out there too so

If i was a landlord i'd prefer someone with a child than young party types.

This is what I would think too

yeah, hoping to stay around there too, I really like it and am actually glad to be out of the city... which I never thought I'd say... Hopefully I can stay where I am, but there seems to be lots of places out there too so

Cool! I'm from out that direction. It's actually really posh around there. But I reckon you'll get a place. Some parts of Dun Laoghaire are alright. Monkstown isn't bad either.

Fuck it. Go for Dalkey!

It kind of depends on the landlord. If they're looking to let the house for a year or so, they're probably not going to be interested in renting to a family.
And there is the thing that kids can cause a mess. But yeah.. probably not as devastating as a house of crackwhores and hoodies.

quote=HMD;735630]If i was a landlord i'd prefer someone with a child than young party types.[/quote]

what if the child was evil though?

like a 'damian' or a 'firestarter'

you've got to think of these things

Cool! I'm from out that direction. It's actually really posh around there. But I reckon you'll get a place. Some parts of Dun Laoghaire are alright. Monkstown isn't bad either.

Parts of it seem to think they're posh and parts of it don't... well not as much as other parts... where am I is quite money, but if I walk five minutes over to monkstown the rents can drop by quite an ammount... five minutes the other way and it's blackrock and your paying crazy money... Just shows what addresses mean to people

i'd just make sure that the child can pay his or her fair share of
the rent

in my experience a lot of children don't have jobs, have no interest
in looking for jobs and are generally more interested in the bear in
the big blue house than the paying of the electricity bill.

be wary

i'd just make sure that the child can pay his or her fair share of
the rent

in my experience a lot of children don't have jobs, have no interest
in looking for jobs and are generally more interested in the bear in
the big blue house than the paying of the electricity bill.

be wary

who isn't more interested in bear in the big blue house than the paying of the electricity bill?

I'd imagine that a decent landlord would be looking for a good tenant that wants to start longer term to save them the hassle of regularly looking for new ones. So the kids factor would give them more reassurance of your commitment to stay.

I know my Ma rents in other parts of the country and she always prefers families if she can. Tends to make for less complaints about noise too.

I once painted a gaff that had been rented to a mother and her kid.
Crayon marks everywhere.
That was a minor nuisance, but the main problem for the landlords was the grownups.

But I dunno, usually when they specify "no children" in the ad wouldn't it be that landlords would think a place unsuitable for kids? Like a one bed flat up a few flights of stairs with no garden, bunches of students for neighbours getting locked and wrecking the place etc.

Deansgrange eh? playdatetastic.

We scoured the entire city for three months and ended up on rochestown avenue. Look up hipson properties and Wise estate agents. They seem to have a few properties in the area. Cabinteely area too. If you're young enough the kids thing is a bonus gaurantee to the landlord of good behaviour. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back