Rehearsal studios in Dublin (1 Viewer)

Bunny

Can anyone recommend a good rehearsal studio in Dublin (close to or in city), thats not really expensive? The normal rate is 70euro for 5 hours, yes? I've tried this place (The Reheasal Room) in Blackpitts, Dublin 8 but can't get their shitty website to make a booking. They don't leave a contact number on the site! Weird

http://www.rehearsal-room.com/home.htm

The Live Sound Centre is a Dublin 7 based rehearsal studio 5 mins from city centre. It is by far the most up to date rehearsal studio i've ever been in. You Can book by calling 018386646 or Visit www.thelivesoundcentre.com 4 hours for €60. This place is a hidden gem!!

Can anyone recommend a good rehearsal studio in Dublin (close to or in city), thats not really expensive? The normal rate is 70euro for 5 hours, yes? I've tried this place (The Reheasal Room) in Blackpitts, Dublin 8 but can't get their shitty website to make a booking. They don't leave a contact number on the site! Weird

http://www.rehearsal-room.com/home.htm

You have to log on with a band name (or your own name or whatever it is) and then when you book it you have to confirm it about three times is my memory.

Its a good place though, even if the website is insanely cumbersome. Can rent cymbals and synths as well I think. Can be booked by the hour during normal work hours also.

You have to log on with a band name (or your own name or whatever it is) and then when you book it you have to confirm it about three times is my memory.

Its a good place though, even if the website is insanely cumbersome. Can rent cymbals and synths as well I think. Can be booked by the hour during normal work hours also.

Thanks- I would never had figured that out. I'm a bit allergic to flash. This isn't the place up Dalymount Lane by any chance is it?

Not sure about Dalymount Lane. If you go down Clanbrassil Street (going towards the cathedrals) and turn left at Chicken Hut/Kate McAuley's pub its in on that lane there - its not exactly obvious but there's a sign saying rehearsal room there, and usually someone walking in or out with a guitar.

edit: its called Malpas Street. Alternately turn down that lane at Whelans and just keep walking in a straight line across everything you'll find it!

I'm gonna big up, brace yourselves, Applerock. Hadn't been in years 'til last weekend. Was there on Sunday night, 4 hours for 55 euro(student rate), ya can't go wrong. They've got new kits in and they've had a lick of paint, quite a nice place now. Free parking and I was offered a cup of coffee!! Its not perfect by any means, but for that price I'm not complaining

you know you could just start an account called 'applerock' and say
"we finally upgraded our piece of shit rehearsal room to something
approaching usable, here's a list of the equipment we have, our
phone number, our website, our rates, where to find us" etc. you
could even include photos!

unless of course you're real person who registered an account,
searched and posted on as many rehearsal room threads as you
could find all because you had a good experience practising
somewhere

Yeah, I smell a rat (and from what I remember Applerock's full of em...)

PS. In an old band our singer got fried by a mic in The Rehearsal Room. They didnt apologise for the dangerous-ness of it at all, and then the owner later asked me to apologise to the stiff behind the desk that night as I had a few choice words to say about seeing someone blown off their feet by electricity! I didnt and havent been back :mad:

A pox on them...

If you're looking to rehearse regular get yourself in on a space somewhere (share rent with others) rather than renting by the hour.

at temple lane studios we are now offering mid week residency's (rehearse 3 times in one week and recieve 10% off the price of each rehearsal) we are also offering amazing off peak deals mon - fri 10.30 - 5.00 session with full backline 55 euro (this off peak deal also available saturday night 5.00 - 10.30)

drummers can also avail of our "drummer practice rate" 25 euro for a full drum kit (including cymbals).
(drummer rate subject to room availability)

we also have ample cage storage facility's for all your backline storage needs 15 euro per week

session times
10.30 - 5.00
5.30-10.30
monday-sunday

our rates
room with p.a 55
guitar and bass amps 15 euro each/external hire (25 + 50 deposit)
drum kits 17 euro/external hire (30 + 50 deposit)
room, pa, kit + guitar & bass amp 75
room, pa, kit, 2 guitar amps & bass amp 80

kontact 01 6709030 / [email protected] for booking enquires @ dublin's premier rehearsal facility "TEMPLE LANE STUDIOS" ........................................................................................

you know you could just start an account called 'applerock' and say
"we finally upgraded our piece of shit rehearsal room to something
approaching usable, here's a list of the equipment we have, our
phone number, our website, our rates, where to find us" etc. you
could even include photos!

unless of course you're real person who registered an account,
searched and posted on as many rehearsal room threads as you
could find all because you had a good experience practising
somewhere

Applerock's grand.
The lads in there are sound, it's cheap & has free, secure parking.

We've all our own gear so that side of it was never an issue.

Free coffee too, which is nice.

The jacks are a nightmare though.

No rat here lads, just happens that I had a good experience in Applerock and decided to post about it. No need for the amateur detective work. The thread was started by someone looking for information and I think thats what I was giving them. Is it only cynics who are allowed to post here? I personally prefer to rehearse in Rebel but I think there is **** all difference between most places in town. Once there's free parking its all good.

As for the singer 'who got fried by the mic' in the Rehearsal Rooms, any chance the phantom power was turned on at the desk and a whopping 48v went through a crappy mic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back