Refute! (1 Viewer)

Burgerbarbaby

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
www.facebook.com
This thread might be a useful library for refuting arguments from the many Irish folk making coin from promoting creepy, strident, ill-informed right-wing shit. Happy to merge with another thread if we already have such a thing.

Attached video is a beautiful, even-handed and careful atomisation of Stefan Molyneux'ses polarising, distorted, mendacious view of history, politics, culture, whatever, in relation to he Native American genocide, and peripheral amplifying of the white guilt trope. It's marvellous.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I used to gather up refutations of arguments against creationism, and now I suspect this whole class of exercise is futile or, worse, counterproductive. I used up a whole load of emotional energy, won over a grand total of zero people, and instead of learning anything I just recited from a script (same as my opponents were doing, no doubt). What was the point?

I used to gather up refutations of arguments against creationism, and now I suspect this whole class of exercise is futile or, worse, counterproductive. I used up a whole load of emotional energy, won over a grand total of zero people, and instead of learning anything I just recited from a script (same as my opponents were doing, no doubt). What was the point?

i get this, but there's no harm in having a handy video to make those arguments for you

so, like that plandemic one

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The guy who made the video I posted is well worth following. He's done loads of good work.

The reason I put this thread up is that I'm finding this kind of anti-intellectual sneak-agenda stuff is creeping into more fairly ordinary conversations than normal. I have neither the time nor the expertise to do my own reaearch, let alone videos, and I was very surprised and happy to see that there are people making them.

I'm really just waiting for someone to do a few for that Computing Forever prick. Smug, arrogant, half-baked, and nearly half a million followers.

You're more than likely never going to win over the person you're arguing against but if you can keep your cool and sound like a rational, intelligent person, you might win over people who are reading it and sitting on the fence. I think that's the best you can hope for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back