Reeeeaally Annoying Problem (1 Viewer)

BarryTape

So I'm recording with a bit of guitar audacity and I've got a drums track that I'm playing along with. Now I'm not amazing on guitar or anything but I know I'm keeping in time while I'm recording but when the track is processing after I press stop it moves or seems to squeeze and therefore shortens the length of the track putting it out of time. This is happening on Sonar as well and I'm awfully confused as to why it's happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Well it seems to be in time until I hit stop and then the track seems to shorten a bit or squeeze into itself, it's kind of a pain to explain. Would that be an latency problem?

Not really familiar with Sonar or Audacity, but the fact that it's happening in two seperate apps means it might be something to do with your soundcard setup.

It might be that your sound card recording sample rate is lower than the sample rate you have set up in your software settings or project or whatever it's called in audacity. In which case the software might be upsampling your recording to match the projects settings.

Not really familiar with Sonar or Audacity, but the fact that it's happening in two seperate apps means it might be something to do with your soundcard setup.

It might be that your sound card recording sample rate is lower than the sample rate you have set up in your software settings or project or whatever it's called in audacity. In which case the software might be upsampling your recording to match the projects settings.

Cheers, how do I check my sound cards recording sample rate?

Click track the drums, play to a click track for the guitar is the quick fix.

Otherwise its latency, driver error compensation or sample rate issues.

Hey the problem is most likely latecy -

go into your sound card and see if u can set the latency to below 25ms or in samples like 500

if its just the timing thats off its latency - ur not monitoring what the card is recording so ur not hearing it

If it was sample rate they be out of tune aswell but i dont think
is

The best thing would be if you just tell us ur hardware setup

If ur using ur laptop and the onboard windows sound drivers der not really suitable for audio recording u need a nice soundcard with asio drivers which are cheap these days = so get your shit together for christ sake grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yeah I'm using a laptop, I didn't have the problem before when I was using the built in soundcard. It's a sigmatell audio one and I can't see a way of adjusting it's settings in the control panel. I think I'll just buy one these http://www.thomann.de/ie/presonus_inspire.htm since I can't figure out how to fix it or why it happened in the first place.

Cheers for the help.

Yeah I'm using a laptop, I didn't have the problem before when I was using the built in soundcard. It's a sigmatell audio one and I can't see a way of adjusting it's settings in the control panel. I think I'll just buy one these http://www.thomann.de/ie/presonus_inspire.htm since I can't figure out how to fix it or why it happened in the first place.

Cheers for the help.

I have a SigmaTel on my onboard sound. It can't be used for recording/mixing music, it just can't.

I've used one of these before... it isn't too fancy, but is exactly what you're looking for. Supports ASIO2 and CoreAudio etc. etc.

I've not heard much about presonus interfaces... I've only had experience with m-audio, edirol and apogee... If you go for the presonus let us know how you get on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back