Recommend a site that recommends artists... (1 Viewer)

Zeelander

Website
www.myspace.com
Hi chaps. I'm looking for a site that when you enter a band or artist's name, it generates a list of similar artists, or artists that you might also dig.

Failing that, can anyone who likes Harry Belafonte please post a list of all the other music that they like. Cheers.

Harry Belafonte is great isn't he? 'Jump In The Line' is one of the greatest songs of all time.

He is also an ethno-musicoligist and put together an incredible 6 CD/1DVD boxet of the history of Negro-American music.

3 cheers for Harry Belafonte!

A really good place to start would be to pick up the 'Mento Madness' compilation. It's so well put together and it's bloody amazing and a fantastic reference point for 40s & 50s Caribbean music.

Hi chaps. I'm looking for a site that when you enter a band or artist's name, it generates a list of similar artists, or artists that you might also dig.

Failing that, can anyone who likes Harry Belafonte please post a list of all the other music that they like. Cheers.

Harry Belafonte is great isn't he? 'Jump In The Line' is one of the greatest songs of all time.

He is also an ethno-musicoligist and put together an incredible 6 CD/1DVD boxet of the history of Negro-American music.

He was also the recipient of the first inter-racial blowjob on primetime US tv

Yep. I was listening to Jump In The Line last night and hearing it makes me a very happy person. Hence, my quest to find other songs and artists of a similar persuasion!

A really good place to start would be to pick up the 'Mento Madness' compilation. It's so well put together and it's bloody amazing and a fantastic reference point for 40s & 50s Caribbean music.
A million thank yous for all your assistance on this matter Vincent. You are a very helpful man to have around during Harry Belafonte-related crises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back