really deadly holidays (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter pad
  • Start date
  • Replies 38
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 5
Right so, coupla questions...

Anyone that has been to Burning Man can ya tell me...
- Did you rent an RV and if so how did that work out?
Where did you fly to first (& what route did you take to Festival)
roughly what do you reckon the whole thing cost you...ballpark figure!

Ta.
!ninjaaaa

i got one question -

why would you want to go to burning man!?

i think desertedvillage has been - i expect nothing more from that hippy piece of shit though

i got one question -

i think desertedvillage has been - i expect nothing more from that hippy piece of shit though

he cant be trusted anywhere. his final night there got off to a bad start with him running away from the first aid tent with a syringe hanging out of his arm. by morning he was begging patients in a Reno hospital for their leftover breakfast scraps.

does everyone that went to burning man have stories involving the first aid tent? or is deserted village's real name gary?

Right so, coupla questions...

Anyone that has been to Burning Man can ya tell me...
- Did you rent an RV and if so how did that work out?
Where did you fly to first (& what route did you take to Festival)
roughly what do you reckon the whole thing cost you...ballpark figure!

Ta.
!ninjaaaa

didnt rent an RV. i was living in san francisco at the time and went with some of the guys i worked with. altogether our group had 3 utes.

easiest way to do it is to fly to las vegas and drive or do what we did and drive from san francisco. about a day's trip from there. i got my ticket when they were first released meaning they were cheaper but prices do go up.

you have to buy all your food and drinking water for a week. and then whatever you spend on drugs if you're doing them. keep in mind i went 5 years ago so i cant really remember how much i spent in total. it was all worth it though.

i got one question -

why not? oh yeah i forgot; there's no Youtube tent for people to post up black flag videos all day.

does everyone that went to burning man have stories involving the first aid tent? or is deserted village's real name gary?

never had to go there but i did stick my head in one day and it was full of washed up dehydrated people. not fun.

didnt rent an RV. i was living in san francisco at the time and went with some of the guys i worked with. altogether our group had 3 utes.

easiest way to do it is to fly to las vegas and drive or do what we did and drive from san francisco. about a day's trip from there. i got my ticket when they were first released meaning they were cheaper but prices do go up.

you have to buy all your food and drinking water for a week. and then whatever you spend on drugs if you're doing them. keep in mind i went 5 years ago so i cant really remember how much i spent in total. it was all worth it though.

why not? oh yeah i forgot; there's no Youtube tent for people to post up black flag videos all day.

never had to go there but i did stick my head in one day and it was full of washed up dehydrated people. not fun.

Cheers LaLa...we were debating the logistics of going this year. We were going to fly to Las Vegas, rent an RV and drive there and then drive back to San Fran adn fly home from there. But all in flights, ticket, food/water, RV rental, couple nights hotel, spends etc. was coming to €3,000 each at a minimum which is outrageous - you could spend two months in Thailand on that kind of money! So interested to hear of any cheaper ways of doing in. Camping instead of RV renting is one way...but to be honest...couldn't cope with that!

Cheers LaLa...we were debating the logistics of going this year. We were going to fly to Las Vegas, rent an RV and drive there and then drive back to San Fran adn fly home from there. But all in flights, ticket, food/water, RV rental, couple nights hotel, spends etc. was coming to €3,000 each at a minimum which is outrageous - you could spend two months in Thailand on that kind of money! So interested to hear of any cheaper ways of doing in. Camping instead of RV renting is one way...but to be honest...couldn't cope with that!

not to mention a shade structure to build and all the necessary stuff should a sandstorm whip up. it IS expensive but so so worth it - very memorable.

I'm not the kind of guy to go on the internet and boast to strangers... but...
I'm spending the next two weeks in Zanzibar! hahahahahahaha
It's great, the food is cheap, the weed is strong and there's a Swahili music festival on! I'd recommend it!

I'm such a bastard.

It's great, the food is cheap, the weed is strong and there's a Swahili music festival on! I'd recommend it!

I'm such a bastard.

Fuck off Oli:)

I went to burning man in 2001 and didn't take any drugs and it was grand. Drank a good bit though (but you're not supposed to coz of the heat).
I wouldn't bother with an RV, camping's fun, just bring a warm sleeping bag.
Was a good buzz mostly if you don't take it too seriously.
Plus I didn't pay in (it's very easy to sneak in).

It is on the other hand mostly full of knobheads and you're in the middle of a really poverty stricken reservation with lots of art instalations and richos in RVs going wild, naked and free for a week. You may feel like an asshole occasionally.
If you sit in a nostril of the giant nose you can pretend you're a snot and that eases the pain.

I'm such a bastard.

been there done that....your 4 years too late maaaaannnn....
The weed is pretty good though...as is the Sprite....

I think overland/train/camping holidays can create a richer cultural experience - even if it's somewhere like spain or france.

but I would say that.....

I think overland/train/camping holidays can create a richer cultural experience - even if it's somewhere like spain or france.

but I would say that.....

Ooooo, I'm with ya there, going overland makes such a difference. Cyclings the best.
I've done the cycle buzz in Denmark, Germany and Czech Rep and another one in France and Spain.
Both amazing.
Had this cool moment where i was coasting down a hill with an amazing castle on it on the Czech boarder into this beautiful village in a valley and I thought I recognised the village. As a train went past I remembered being on the train two years earlier, face pressed against the window wishing I was out there not stuck on a train.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back