Re-heating Food (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
I have been roped into making dinner for a couple of friends tomorrow night.
I have decided to make Risotto. Preferably, this would be served as soon as it is ready, but logistically this is not going to happen. I probably won't serve it until about 30 mins after they arrive and I don't want to be in the kitchen during that time making it!

What is the best way to reheat Risotto? The idea of re-heating in the microwave is not very appealing. And is there a danger that it would become over-cooked if I left it on a ring at very low temp?

yeah, keep it in the oven at a low heat and perhaps some chips and dips whilst you make small talk.
maybe a world music cd playing softly in the background whilst you all recline on your habitat sofa.
what times this kicking off at?

I'd keep it warm on a very low heat on the hob. What you gonna have in it? If it's the usual mushroomy thing and you're using arborio rice you probably don't need to worry about it overdoing, so long as it's moist enough and doesn't burn

I'd keep it warm on a very low heat on the hob. What you gonna have in it? If it's the usual mushroomy thing and you're using arborio rice you probably don't need to worry about it overdoing, so long as it's moist enough and doesn't burn

Thats exactly what I did and it was grand! Cheers Egg.
It was the usual wild mushroomy/ arborio rice job alright and worked out fine.

And no Mr P. there was no Habitat furniture :rolleyes:

But I did have In the Heart of the Moon by Ali Farka Toure & Toumani Diabate on repeat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back