Ramones - Witnness - What WAS the story? (1 Viewer)

RAD-ALARM said:
the metallica 'bargaintown' ad is on the bootleg of out-takes from the Load sessions.
funny dudes

Just back from the jacks there and I did a load session too. Black fella there was wearing a Ramone's t-shirt. I think it was the fella from Oxbow as he was just wearing the t-shirt.

billygannon said:
Just back from the jacks there and I did a load session too. Black fella there was wearing a Ramone's t-shirt. I think it was the fella from Oxbow as he was just wearing the t-shirt.

you know billy all this abusing ac/dc is abusing me
you know how much i love them

you and your james hetfield tache

Squack said:
you know billy all this abusing ac/dc is abusing me
you know how much i love them

you and your james hetfield tache

You and your james hetfield tache.

You've gone AC/DC haven't you? Munching the magic carpet and all that

nlgbbbblth said:
"derision, condescenion, ridicule and general abuse"

I've wouldn't have thought that. Lots of people (including myself) I know like them

Okay, so I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek. But I've never been congratulated for wearing a Ramones T-Shirt before. And most of my friends (who are obviously missing that all-important Rock'n'Roll gene) don't like the Ramones.

nlgbbbblth said:
After 1978 it was different alright:
What do you think of End Of A Century?

but in fairness while the later albums weren't anything like the first four they still had their highlights [particularly Too Tough To Die and Subterranean Jungle. Halfway to Sanity too]

After

I only got End of The Century within the past year. Considering the dire reviews I had heard about it, it wasn't that bad. But it wasn't what a Ramones/ Phil Spector collaboration could have been in theory. Then again, Spector's notoriously difficult personality, the band's drink and drugs problems (Dee Dee was a junkie, Marky an alcoholic, and Joey was no slouch when it came to the drink either), the bust up between Joey and Johnny over Joey's girlfriend becoming Johnny's wife and general creative differences probably all helped to turn the album into the half-baked hodge-podge of production and musical styles that it was.

Subterranean Jungle, Too Tough To Die - Some great songs on both, but a fair bit of filler as well (particularly on SJ). Haven't heard HTS.

Daveor said:
hey you should thank johnny knoxville from the MTV show 'Jackass'
and possibly one of the lads from dirty sanchez

I don't know Dirty Sanchez, and as for Jackass - all I can say is that I'm 32 and in a wheelchair.

In fact, I live in morbid fear of being accosted by a gang of dumbass teenagers high on jackass who after dressing me up in silly clothes proceed to chuck me down an steep embankment in the the belief that this constitutes 'fun'.

Do the makers of Jackass realise the terror they've unleashed??

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back