RAM combination (single 512 + single 1024) (1 Viewer)

Beanstalk

Website
www.myspace.com
I've ordered a 2.0GHz Core duo Macbook Pro, that comes with 512MB RAM as standard...its got 2 (DDR2 PC2-5300) slots in total, allowing a max of 2GB (2 x 1024).

So I was wondering could I just add a single 1024MB RAM in the spare slot to work alongside the 512MB that comes with it...giving me in 1.5GB in total?

Does this make the system unbalanced in some strange way?

I've heard that pairs are better, but money is tight so I'd rather get a single 1GB, and maybe get another single 1GB down the road. Bad idea?

I've ordered a 2.0GHz Core duo Macbook Pro, that comes with 512MB RAM as standard...its got 2 (DDR2 PC2-5300) slots in total, allowing a max of 2GB (2 x 1024).

So I was wondering could I just add a single 1024MB RAM in the spare slot to work alongside the 512MB that comes with it...giving me in 1.5GB in total?

I've heard that pairs are better, but money is tight so I'd rather get a single 1GB, and maybe get another single 1GB down the road. Bad idea?

Sucks to be you bro, new shit released today.
You actually make that order or do you reckon you could upgrade still?
BTW, I mean that as a heads up as opposed to a dig. i.e. can you cancel and get the new one which has 2GB native ram?

I got 128 as standard and lobbed in another 256. I put the 256 in the first slot and moved the original 128 to the second slot, as recommended by the internet. No problems, and the best purchase ever.

Dunno bout Mac's though.

Sucks to be you bro, new shit released today.
You actually make that order or do you reckon you could upgrade still?
BTW, I mean that as a heads up as opposed to a dig. i.e. can you cancel and get the new one which has 2GB native ram?

Its in transit so can't really cancel it...no biggie, I'm sure the latest spec will be old news in a couple of months anyway, the nature of puters...I went for the 'basic' macbook pro (now 1GB native) so the only difference would be an extra 512MB, and 2.16GHz 2 duo, instead of 2.GHz duo...considering how finicky the digi002 is, I'm happy to stick with the tried-and-tested duo.

This must be my punishment for ordering it (ahem) 'for education'...so I got it €150 cheaper anyway.

There's some more differences than that. Feckin' shame I had to wait this long for the upgrade, but I think I can still manage to get it from the states. But I'll have to wait longer. Maybe the MBP will be on quarcore by the time I get it. :rolleyes:

i have 512mb of ram in my pc - so if i got an extra 1gb i could just stick it in the other slot and away with me?

this business is a nightmare - ive been planning to buy more ram for the last two years...

I got 128 as standard and lobbed in another 256. I put the 256 in the first slot and moved the original 128 to the second slot, as recommended by the internet. No problems, and the best purchase ever.

Dunno bout Mac's though.

thats one hell of a hefty rig you got there sean.

It'll work but you should check before you order.
I thought I had one 512 in my Powerbook but when I opened it, there were 2 256's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back