Rain (3 Viewers)

Worked through it today. Nothing was waterproof in that, although the waterproof socks were great til water seeped into them down my legs.

From http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1024/weather.html

2245 A young garda has been swept away in floods near Blessington in Co Wicklow.
The Garda Helicopter, Coast Guard and several mountain rescue teams are involved in a search and rescue operation.
The garda, aged in this 20s, was off-duty when he began directing traffic away from a dangerous bridge, which was covered in water at Ballysmuttan at around 7pm this evening.

Body has been found since apparently,tragic if so.

From http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1024/weather.html

2245 A young garda has been swept away in floods near Blessington in Co Wicklow.
The Garda Helicopter, Coast Guard and several mountain rescue teams are involved in a search and rescue operation.
The garda, aged in this 20s, was off-duty when he began directing traffic away from a dangerous bridge, which was covered in water at Ballysmuttan at around 7pm this evening.

Body has been found since apparently,tragic if so.

Tragic news. I know that bridge well - been over it a hundred times on the bike. The road there was actually closed for about 2 years due to damage to the old bridge. Then they replaced it with a half-arsed 1-lane bridge, but the road there is right down at the level of the river. It no surprise that things got that bad over there. But, theres almost no car traffic on it cos its a local road, so was really surprised that this was where it happened from that perspective.

We went out exploring after the rain stopped last night. The Camac was dammed up behind Bow Lane Bridge (partly floating detritus and partly the bridge just couldn't let enough water under) so it burst its banks flooding our local, Murrays, and the apartment blocks etc nearby and making its way accross Bow Lane a bit lower down (water was about 3 feet deep in Camac 2).

We saw one eejit drive into it at speed shooting water up over the roof of his car and choking his engine. Nobody offered to help him until he'd managed to get it out of the water, then he got a push to get it started again. All the smug gits in their SUV's were being smug.

I am so glad that some survival instinct prevents me from living in places likely to get flooded. Every place I've ever lived has been on high ground.

Feel so sorry for everyone who's going to have to do a clean-up today.

made it in to work just before the rain started up again. i didnt manage to forget my waterproof pants. Greenmount Industrial estate was flooded last night after band practice. water was up to car windows. mental stuff

Cycled home last night and back in this morning no bother. Disc brakes are the bizz. Waterproof socks played a blinder too. Couldn't get my shoes dry overnight, they weigh a fucking tonne with all the water in them, but the socks didn't give a bollix this morning and told the wet to go fuck itself. Fair play.

Loads of cars abandoned in the cycle lanes around the Tolka, but other than that plain sailing. I am the boss where I work and everyone is calling in late. Would hate to be relying on anyone else this morning.

Cycled home last night and back in this morning no bother. Disc brakes are the bizz. Waterproof socks played a blinder too. Couldn't get my shoes dry overnight, they weigh a fucking tonne with all the water in them, but the socks didn't give a bollix this morning and told the wet to go fuck itself. Fair play.

newspaper in the shoes is ur only man. Mine were drenched too but mostly dry by this morning cos of newspaper and leaving them in the hot press

Loads of cars abandoned in the cycle lanes around the Tolka, but other than that plain sailing. I am the boss where I work and everyone is calling in late. Would hate to be relying on anyone else this morning.

everyone ringing in here too, but we're able to work from home in my place so its not too bad.

I tried to go to bushy park this morning but the traffic wasn't moving around Fortfield road so I turned back. Went to my local park where a new lake has appeared.

I'm supposed to go to Rush this afternoon but I'm afraid to risk it .

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back