Rain (2 Viewers)

Pissing like a bastard here now. I've finally started working on my ark though.
i tried that a few days ago, it didnt go to well but i have a carpenter to help if it's still raining next week. i was more interested in the tests i could make people go tru to see who'll get a place on my boat.

This isn't funny any more. Isn't this supposed to be Summer?

But I did meet a truly sound taxi driver this evening. Had to get a taxi from Mount St to Dorset St and he turned off the meter for the last 15 or so minutes of the journey, and charged me only what was on it up to that point.

I drove around Dublin most of the day today. I counted four fender benders, 2 instances where all cars literally had to stop where they were on the road till it eased up; and not one, but two trucks nearly driving onto me as they were changing lanes. I'd call them pricks but no-one could see shit out there.
I could'nt even fire my fag ends out the window at all the cyclists

I've had a stiff hip for the past three weeks. X-ray next week. The easy money's on rhumatism(?)

I'm in town tomorrow at 5.30 am.

August?

Okay. Alright. Fine. August.

Okay.

I heard you had a bit of rain there.

The old man just reported that the new Honda Accord (diesel) can drive with "water up to and washing over the windscreen", although it sounds "a bit spluthery".

He was going through the story, and I was waiting for him to tell me the whole time that he ploughed into the back of someone, or otherwise wrote the car off. Turns out that was the story. Honda Accords can basically run underwater.

And the roof in Woodies nearly caved in.

Hahahaha. Global warming has yis all fucked now.
Unless you're in a Honda Accord of course.

Mostly cloudy tomorrow with showers or longer spells of rain. Some thundery downpours are likely again, with an ongoing risk of flooding. Highest temperatures 14 to 18 degrees. Windy in parts of the west and south. Slacker winds elsewhere.

The weather continues to remain very unsettled with no hope at all of any real improvement this week or over the weekend.

During Saturday another Atlantic depression will come close to Ireland. That will give more torrential rain, cloudbursts and downpours and lead on to more flooding.

for a minute there i thought i was reading crust lyrics

The world is at an end.

I nominate anyone with a fireplace to call us all up and suggest that we spend this coming weekend drinking whiskey and telling fantastic tales around a their contained inferno.

Volunteers.

The world is at an end.

I nominate anyone with a fireplace to call us all up and suggest that we spend this coming weekend drinking whiskey and telling fantastic tales around a their contained inferno.

Volunteers.

or an old shack in the woods would be pretty cool, on high ground would probably help.
im thinking along the lines of evil dead1 but without the white eyes 'we're gonna get you' part.

gosh darn it, if i hadnt involved the book of the dead could i have had some? will there be ghost stories or does everyone have to complain about how crap everything is?

i actually thought i was going to drown cycling home last night, between the rain and the utterly shit drainage. as the final insult, just as i was turning into my driveway some cockfarmer in an suv drove through one of the enormous puddles and deluged me yet again. i had to empty my shoes out the front door, they were so full of water. grarrghh.

sign me up for this protest march.

i actually thought i was going to drown cycling home last night, between the rain and the utterly shit drainage. as the final insult, just as i was turning into my driveway some cockfarmer in an suv drove through one of the enormous puddles and deluged me yet again. i had to empty my shoes out the front door, they were so full of water. grarrghh.

Ah, there's a certain freedom in hitting the point where you can't get any wetter on the bike, and you just say 'fuck it, bring it on'.

the government should do something. seriously. if we lived in a wicked hot country they'd say "don't go out at midday". if it was fucking cold, they'd have warnings about hypothermia. so what the fuck are they gonna do now? wait til we all go fucking mad, and are wearing the same clothes for a month?

I feel very strongly about this, so if thats what it takes, then so be it!

actually, given that my biggest issue is wet clothes, perhaps we should adopt the Spencer Tunik approach and march in the nip.

Who's going to help me organise the pneumonia sufferers benefit gig?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back