R T Fuckin E (1 Viewer)

Dixer

Anyone familiar with that 'Show me the Money' show, was on last night? I'm surprised there hasn't been a whinge on here 'bout it by now.
Let me get the ball rolling:
That kind of shit makes me want to explode humanity in all its ugly forms.

never seen it whats it about?

Dixer said:
Anyone familiar with that 'Show me the Money' show, was on last night? I'm surprised there hasn't been a whinge on here 'bout it by now.
Let me get the ball rolling:
That kind of shit makes me want to explode humanity in all its ugly forms.

FancyGoods said:

This dude (no idea what his name is but he must be some class of accountant or one time bank manager or just a regular loser who dreamed up a tv show and brought it to R T Fuckin E) picks out dudes and examines there spending patterns etc and basically puts them on a financial diet or repairs their sad broken lives with advice like "Get a bus instead of a taxi". Yr watching it, thinkin' to yourself 'These people are supposedly emblematic of Joe Q Public, then why do I feel like I dont even share species?'. Writin' it out it sounds real petty but watching, I could only describe my response as being aghast.

loner deluxe said:
Television: the drug of a nation...

it's actually pretty funny

what sort of cunt wants to go on tv and discuss:

a. how badly they are paid
b. how shit they are with money
c. what sort of a financially embarrased spannister they are

FancyGoods said:
It's about this Cork guy who goes around advising people on their expenditure. Then it does a time-line thing where he meets up with the people in question (after initial advice) so we can find out if they've been naughty or nice. Basically the show centers around the cash strapped individual who reveals their entire income and their rather stupid purchases.

personally, i find it entertaining. these people have willingly signed themselves up to be exposed financially. stupid fucks.

michaelknight said:
Saw a bit o this alright. Scary stuff.

tis a shameless copy of a bbc produced show that used to be on a while back. a top financial american with a horrible lloyd groooooowssman drawl would monitor a family/business/individuals weekly habits then draw up a new financial strategy to save their debt ridden dreary lives.

he was fairly smug and patronising at times

Latex lizzie said:
`
..is it in the lyrics board end of things bad? that is the shitty shit.

You have just defined my despair. That is exactly the region of bad.
When the lyrics board is so succesful as to be exported all over the world, it's time to push humanity's reset button. No more will I protest nuclear weapons. We get the end we deserve.

michaelknight said:
I'll give you about five minutes in which to retract your shameful denigration of the lyrics board
I agree. Gavin, your five minutes are up. The Lyrics Board is only nearly as funny as my favourite show ever, Winning Streak, which I think I must mention at least three times a day. The beauty of The Lyrics Board is the purity of its tackiness: it is cack to the point of being an utter apocalypse of horrendous and shocking stupidity. I fucking love it. I've only seen it a few times, but it stole my cheese-loving little heart away. It's so bad that I didn't even feel embarrassed for the people on it like I sometimes do on Winning Streak.

jane said:
I agree. Gavin, your five minutes are up. The Lyrics Board is only nearly as funny as my favourite show ever, Winning Streak, which I think I must mention at least three times a day. The beauty of The Lyrics Board is the purity of its tackiness: it is cack to the point of being an utter apocalypse of horrendous and shocking stupidity. I fucking love it. I've only seen it a few times, but it stole my cheese-loving little heart away. It's so bad that I didn't even feel embarrassed for the people on it like I sometimes do on Winning Streak.
I love watching Fame & Fortune (or is it still Winning Streak?) when they have some contestant that is filling in for another person THAT IS SITTING IN THE FUCKING AUDIENCE.

jane said:
michaelknight said:
I'll give you about five minutes in which to retract your shameful denigration of the lyrics board

..dont hold your breath there mr. knight. ms. jane I want to kill everyone connected with that show.Carefull youre not around when I do it! ;)

enchance said:
I love watching Fame & Fortune (or is it still Winning Streak?) when they have some contestant that is filling in for another person THAT IS SITTING IN THE FUCKING AUDIENCE.
I know, and I suspect that it's often not so much shyness, but some auld one who has an unspoken fear that the cameras might steal his/her soul. There was a guy on there the other night with a pink teddy, symbolising, I imagine, the shedding of what little self-respect he might have had.

I also love when they have the bachelor farmers on there, who make a not-so-subtle plea (and Derek Mooney also often does so on their behalf) for a replacement mammy.

But, the best part about Winning Streak is the proportion of people who go on it, despite being non-drivers and xenophobes who never want to leave Ireland. Their dislike for cars and holidays would suggest that maybe, just maybe, they'd be better off with the kind of scratch card that does not have as two of its supreme rewards, cars and holidays. It's like some twisted form of inverse martyrdom: being rewarded with your worst fear.

Last Saturday, I had a double-whammy: read Ireland's Own from cover to cover, took a nap, woke up for Winning Streak, then went to bed, feeling a little bit like I'd just entered a dimension of the comically surreal.

Latex lizzie said:
..dont hold your breath there mr. knight. ms. jane I want to kill everyone connected with that show.Carefull youre not around when I do it! ;)
What's wrong, Mr Latex? Bitterness like that can only be the result of one thing: you were rejected by the very programme you condemn. I'm sorry to hear it, but maybe your tie wasn't skinny enough, or your shades weren't 'aviator' enough, or Linda Martin thought you'd upstage her?

Don't worry. If I had a show like that (someday, someday....), I'd let you on, for sure.

jane said:
But, the best part about Winning Streak is the proportion of people who go on it, despite being non-drivers and xenophobes who never want to leave Ireland. Their dislike for cars and holidays would suggest that maybe, just maybe, they'd be better off with the kind of scratch card that does not have as two of its supreme rewards, cars and holidays.

Last Saturday, I had a double-whammy: read Ireland's Own from cover to cover, took a nap, woke up for Winning Streak, then went to bed, feeling a little bit like I'd just entered a dimension of the comically surreal.
i reckon those folks just don't want the locals in the valley of the squinting windows to know they've won any money incase they come a beggin at the door. doh!

irelands own - nap - winning streak: jaysus! sounds like hell (except for the nap and "irelands own"- are the spooky ghost stories still in it?)

do ya like Old Moores Almanac and Well Remembered Days?

next your'll be reading the "Far East"!

(linda martin looks like an alien:eek: )

jane said:
I also love when they have the bachelor farmers on there, who make a not-so-subtle plea (and Derek Mooney also often does so on their behalf) for a replacement mammy.

YES! Especially when they win the cars and holidays which they have no fucking use for whatsoever.

Derek: "Jimmy, you're going to Australia for 2 weeks!"
Jimmy: "By god that'll be lovely"
Derek: "Jimmy? Have ya ever been out of the country?"
Jimmy: "No".

Like fuck you're gonna go to Australia. Poor jimmy's supply of hot tae and ham sandwiches will have run out by the time he makes it from the arse end of nowhere to Dublin airport.

And I hate when they get those "popular" people from whatever community who are applauded and jeered at for nothing.

Re: wimpish contestants in the audience. Don't you just hate it when you have to wait for "Mary" or "Jimmy" to select the bloodly option from the comfort of an audience seat? no small talk, just, "go to Blarney Castle there!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back