Róisín Dubh Apartment RIP (1 Viewer)

I really wonder have they a plan B, or are they stepping back from shows. That apt was the reason touring bands could legit play there

I once slept in the attic crawl space to get away from the party. It was very cosy. They needed a search party to find me the next morning.
You can never get away from the party.

When I stayed there, we just couldn't get over the fact there was a shower. Also there was a thank you note left for Gugai by the band (!!!) CHK CHK CHK, who were doing quite well at the time. We very much felt we were rolling with the big dogs.

Even then I thought, considering Irelands mad property market, "this can't possibly last". Well done for keeping it going this long.

Was just talking about this recently, reminiscing about playing in Limerick and the whole band plus Mrs. egg_ sleeping on the floor in the corridor of someone's flat. Maybe when you're younger you're all about maximising the good stuff and putting up with the bad stuff, and when you're older you start trying to minimise the bad stuff and end up sacrificing more and more of the good stuff to do so

I was up there for a Battle of the Bands once. I was a judge, for some reason. the "Promoter" was managing one of the acts on show. After the gig we dropped back to the flat to deliberate for half an hour. We had a right go at it. Picked the band we thought were most interesting. the "promoter" came to collect us and announced the winner to the venue. The band he was managing. He never even asked us what our pick had been. It wasn't his band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back