Quiet Nights no.1, Fri. March 19th: Squarehead, Boris Belony, Owensie and more... (1 Viewer)

São Paulo Punk

Website
myspace.com
QuietNightsLogo.jpg

Lower Deck, Portobello.

Doors: 9:00pm - Cost 5 euros

This is what hopes to become a new regular (monthly) acoustic - low-fi - spoken word night in Dublin. contact: [email protected]

The first Quiet Nights event will comprise of a mix of solo acoustic performances and spoken word, featuring, Squarehead (Roy from Hands Up Who Wants to Die), Stephen James Smith (Dublin poet), Rory Francis O'Brien (7:10), Boris Belony (Stephen Hughes of Kidd Blunt, Ran), and Owensie (myself).

Squareheadmyspace.com/squareheadmusic

Roy of Hands Up Who Wants to Die goes back to basics on his acoustic guitar with fantastic results. Squarehead combines thoughtful narratives with grungy chords in a Moldy Peaches kinda way. He'll make you feel like your 14 again!

Stephen James Smithwww.youtube.com/mrstephenjamessmith

"Stephen Smith is a ball of hydrogen gas that should be pumped into every household across the land. He knocks seven shades of shite out of all the usual “birds and bees, whey and cheese” nonsense you find at poetry readings. He sounds like he's walking into a forest full of energy vampires blindfolded with a lightsabre swinging in his hand, they might wound him but he ain't going down without a good fight."
Jinx Lennon

Rory Francis O'Brien (TenPastSeven) - myspace.com/tarseer

Rory of longstanding legends Ten Past Seven, brings his acoustic meanderings and softly sung melodies to eager Dublin ears for the first time.

Boris Belony http://www.stitchypresshq.com/transmorphosis.html

"Franz Kafka meets Flann O'Brien meets John Kennedy Toole. Reads like a collection of your worst cheese nightmares and the essays that persuade primary school teachers to call in social workers. Surreal, hilarious and very, very smart - and then, just when you're settling into a vein of laughter, unexpectedly, disquietingly, sad and touching. I loved every page." - Paul Howard aka Ross O'Carroll-Kelly

Owensie - owensie.bandcamp.com

"... a gentle and emotional introspective vibe, somewhere between the American twang of Sam Amidon and the guitar picking of Jose Gonzalez. " ----Nialler9 Music Blog (March, 2010)

I'm going to see Owen Pallett that night, but I may call over after, what time does it run til?

Roy of Hands Up Who Wants to Die goes back to basics on his acoustic guitar with fantastic results. Squarehead combines thoughtful narratives with grungy chords in a Moldy Peaches kinda way. He'll make you feel like your 14 again!

He's going to make me feel desperately lonely, horney and spotty ? Time Traveling Cunt

That was nice despite having late arrival called to attention of crowd. Will there be another?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back