PUNK VS METAL (6 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 131
  • Views 11K
  • Watchers 6
seriously, what's your fucking problem like?You're always shitting on about this, yet you were going on about how much you love Slayer at the Electric Picnic.

get over it. nobody else cares. not even Janer.

I like both. And what about metalcore? How do people feel about that? Or Black Flag pre/post My War?

Making teenagers depressed is like shooting fish in a barrel.Greasy boring fish at that.

Metalcore!You have got to be having a laugh.Next thing you'll be telling me that you can only have a wank listening to grind or some other absolute rubbish.

My problem with metal is that it all style over content.Playing a million notes in a minor/phryigian mode is hackneyed.Getting a marshell stack to play the brown sound is'nt playing the guitar at all.Plus it's strictly a boys club.Which is reason enough to dislike it.

Plus it's strictly a boys club.Which is reason enough to dislike it.

punk is the biggest fucking boys club ever. Actually it's worse than a boy's club.It's like the fucking masons.only with more drinking and less planning. Anyway, I've had this argument a million times before, I'm not interested in having it again. Punks shitting on about metal being a load of wank = boring.

Ah man you don't know the right birds.

I'm going downstairs for a splff.I know that when I get back the internet will be overrun with half washed noodlers.

My problem with metal is that it all style over content.Playing a million notes in a minor/phryigian mode is hackneyed.Getting a marshell stack to play the brown sound is'nt playing the guitar at all.Plus it's strictly a boys club.Which is reason enough to dislike it.

good stereotyping there. just like punk is 3 chords played by snotty drunk dickheads with mohawks?
metal as a genre is vast as fuck. so is punk. get over it.

either way, this debate is about as interesting as janer's campaigns for the rights of unborn babies
!zed!zed!zed!zed!zed!zed!zed!zed!zed!zed!zed!zed

PS.This is'nt a debate.It's just one man trying to keep the spirit of Chuck Berry alive.Against the noodlers.

Mohawks were a laugh for about 10 minutes.

Thats it .Does anybody want my copy of 'Leather Bristles studs and acne?I'm having a clearout.

It's all rock'n'roll. Genres are for saps.

Personally I like riffs be they metal, punk, rock whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back