Punk + Seomra Spraoi together at last!!! (2 Viewers)

Just make sure to have a stockpile of planks with nails in

I feel that this is the most important part imho.

Anyone know what the deal is with private members clubs such as the 1-in-12 and I think the Cowley and how stuff like that would work in Ireland?

I know it's sorta against what seomra spraoi are about but it seems like an idea that might work.

I think if you try to get licensing it will make things a lot more difficult; since it's only a short-term thing, what Shorty suggested is probably best. Around 4 or 5 years ago we played a Scio-Bong gig in Cork that I think some of the My Remorse lads helped put on in some sort of Anarchist club, maybe anarchist book club or something? Anyway, what they did in order to get around problems with licensing, was to have people bring their own, and on the way in they'd be given an "invitation" to the "private party" that was going on, with a space to write in their name. Good way of getting over such problems.

jesus totally forgot that until now, that was one fun gig. didn't you end up sleeping in a van or car cause you were arguing with one of the lads we were staying with?!

Yeah...that was the period when my tipple of choice was "Vodser" (two parts cider, one part vodka, quite nice actually). We'd played the night before in Castlebar and spent all the money we got on Tesco cider & vodka in Limerick on the way down, and got fuckin wrecked at the gig. I remember Ian saying a few years ago about being at that gig and walking into the bathroom and I was just staring at myself in the mirror laughing uproariously. I don't remember anything after halfway through our set, but it was apparently something like I just got really antagonistic with the lad whose gaff we were staying in and being a dickhead to him, and he eventually got real pissed off and wanted to batter me, but everyone got him to calm down, and then I said that I just wanted to apologise to him, and everyone was saying no way, just leave it, he'll batter you, but I convinced them. Then I allegedly went up and whispered something in his ear (fuck knows what) and he went totally ballistic and they had to get me out of there. Then I kept being a dick and your man wouldn't let me stay in his gaff (fair enough), so the lads tricked me into getting in the car and locked me in (but not until after I'd done a piss on Damo's back while he was getting everything out of the back of the car). I woke up sitting in this car and didn't WHAT the fuck had happened. I think I had a spliff and eventually the lads showed up. Oh, and then I met your man (Ger, maybe?) and he was fuckin HUGE, lucky escape... My stomach was fucked for about a month afterwards, constant cramps and gas...and that was the end of Vodser.

I think Seomra Spraoi people are kindof busy at the moment and probably won't be able to answer your questions in a knowledgable way til most of this is sorted out for it anyway. :) You should probably talk to members of Basta since it seems like the deal they had with paddy's hall is closer to what you're doing. They should be able to tell you about insurance and fire stuff. Since they were doing all ages gigs, I don't think they could help much with licencing. Isn't licencing only to sell alcohol, so if it was in some sense a semi private thing I'm sure you could have it as BYO?
ya... as far as i remember dylan organised for a fire safety inspector to come in and decided the room must have a certain amount of exits, etc. He also got a good deal with insurance, so he's really worth getting in touch with...

not sure about the "guest list" idea. wasn't that used at leechrum or something a few years ago? it kind of works on a once off basis really, but i dunno.

this sucks :(

(but not until after I'd done a piss on Damo's back while he was getting everything out of the back of the car). I woke up sitting in this car and didn't WHAT the fuck had happened. I think I had a spliff and eventually the lads showed up. Oh, and then I met your man (Ger, maybe?) and he was fuckin HUGE, lucky escape... My stomach was fucked for about a month afterwards, constant cramps and gas...and that was the end of Vodser.

I think Damo pissed on the floor beside me while I was asleep that night?

I think Damo pissed on the floor beside me while I was asleep that night?

he did indeed piss all over the floor that night. It was a fuckin crazy two days fo shure, still remember walking up to the car to see corm sitting in their reading a book not knowing why the fuck or how the fuck he'd got there, fuckin classic.|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back