Proper Scary Stuff (1 Viewer)

to start with

Duel - that fucking truck:mad:

Night Terror (1977 TVM with Valerie Harper -somewhat like Duel)

Picnic At Hanging Rock (creepy shit)

The Exorcist (scary shit)

Poltergeist (fucked up shit)

Omen II (the raven is awesome)

Halloween (gets me every time)

When A Stranger Calls (the calls are coming from inside the house!)

One Of My Wives Is Missing (later remade as Vanishing Act with Elliott Gould)

The Twilight Zone Movie (want to see something that's really scary?)

pete said:
Pete's right here.

Playing Doom with the curtains pulled and no-one around gives you the edgies.

It's also a sign that you definitely have no friends.

doom3kittlytorch.jpg

It doesn't look that scary.

bleedin is

Attachments

• spiders.jpg
    spiders.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 166
  • zombie.jpg
    zombie.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 167
  • zombie2.jpg
    zombie2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 177
  • dark.jpg
    dark.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 162
  • mongster.jpg
    mongster.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 166
the last broadcast. saw it on channel4 ages ago, missed the first 10-15 mins, and didn't quite realise it was a film until near the end. scared me the way the blair witch was ment to, but didn't. also there was another one like it aswell (dont know the name) about a rape case. it involved a stripper who clamed she was raped at a fratt party, but the lads claimed she consented,and the film looked at both sides as well as the locals views.

The Wicker Man still gets me everytime, I'm not quite sure why, maybe it's just islanders in general that scare me, or the fact that Christopher Lee is in it!

xsteox said:
the last broadcast. saw it on channel4 ages ago, missed the first 10-15 mins, and didn't quite realise it was a film until near the end. scared me the way the blair witch was ment to, but didn't. also there was another one like it aswell (dont know the name) about a rape case. it involved a stripper who clamed she was raped at a fratt party, but the lads claimed she consented,and the film looked at both sides as well as the locals views.

i think i saw that... or im getting mixed up with a real documentary where these fucking blockhead jocks drugged a girl and took her to their apartment and gang raped her. they filmed it, and they actually showed the whole thing in the documentary... is this the thing youre talkin about?

george mcfly said:
i actually liked that film a lot up until the ending.
yeah, same here. brutal ending. apparently the book is a lot better. haven't read it myself though.
dark water is fairly freaky alright. that kid scared the shit out of me.

Alan Remorse said:
i think i saw that... or im getting mixed up with a real documentary where these fucking blockhead jocks drugged a girl and took her to their apartment and gang raped her. they filmed it, and they actually showed the whole thing in the documentary... is this the thing youre talkin about?
sounds like it. know what its called??

havent a clue what it was called. i only turned it on half way through, and turned it off again after a couple of minutes. not exactly entertaining stuff.

ps: ultimatum, fucking deadly album!

spiritualtramp said:
Dark Water ,by the same director, is pretty damn scary too.
watched this last night with juno, very good. Not as scary as i thought it might be (except maybe the ending which was excellently freaky) - still really enjoyed it as a film in its own right, another film that i've seen lately with a refreshing lack of tired hollywood formula. The cyclical theme of the single mother + daughter and the anxiety/guilt associated with raising a child in that environment was really well done.

When i was younger ''IT'' was definitely the scariest thing i'd ever seen i've never made it all the way through.Also The Exorcist,which i thought was pretty funny and overrated did have one of the most freaky thing's i have ever seen i'm talking about the scene where some women is walking across the road and it cut's to a white face with black around the eye's and black background and it lasts like 2 seconds.
Kairo(Pulse)is probably the most recent film to freak me out just because of it's dark atmosphere and the complete lack of humour it's just a very very dark film.

check out the eye.....one of the scariest japenese films ever made and ring 2 and then ring 0......you WILL have poo in your pants....

Deadly thread.

Glad to see Event Horizon getting the props it's due. The one thing that stands in the way of it being a classic is Sam Neill- he must have thought he was slumming it in a cheapo exploitation flick and turned in this hammy eye-rolling performance. If his character had gotten quieter and more reserved as the film developed, or if a calmer, more sympathetic actor- like Tim Robbins, say- was offered the role, it would be a fucking masterpiece.

Agree with most of the suggestions so far- and can I add that animation "The Sandman" someone was talking about earlier. Also, most David Lynch movies have one great shocker of a moment: Bob coming over the back of the sofa, the wierd guy sliding out from behind the caff in Mullholland Drive, the guy at the party in Lost Highway who says "I'm in your house"

leela_OU818 said:
check out the eye.....one of the scariest japenese films ever made and ring 2 and then ring 0......you WILL have poo in your pants....
the eye is the most over-rated film i've ever seen
only one scary scene - the 'you're at my desk' scene and that's only as scary as the library ghost in ghostbusters

leela_OU818 said:
If The Eye you're mentioning there is the one where a young one gets an eye transplant that'd be a Hong Kong film, by the Pang brothers.

How is The Eye over rated?! Hardly anyone has seen it to be over rated! And if you are basing your opinion merely on the calligraphy scene, then you really should watch it properly...and the correct quote is "You're in my chair".....just though I'd be a nit picker and point that out......

And to Ratmonkey, I do apologise profoundly for getting mixed up betwwen two Asain horror films, both of which are in languages which I do not speak and sound very similar to an untrained ear.....I'll be sure to study the cover in detail the next time I watch any foreign film........

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back