pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
284abb2acff9fb10e3d31009f15c8be7_L.jpg

"Yes, suffice to say, I love the Alien Trilogy. And no, we do not talk about the*fourth one." - WatchingCattle gives his views on Ridley Scott's Prometheus.

More...

I like the fourth one.
I even leave AVP on when it comes on the movie channel. Even AvPR gets a look in. There's Aliens in them for chrissakes.

I mean there's obvious decline in substance as the series progressed but I don't see the point in sticking them in a glass cage and being precious about them.
After Cameron they were all just another bug hunt, but what a fucking bug.

As for Prometheus, it is obviously a prequel that they just didn't want to call a prequel.
I felt it delivered. Visually, psychologically and in the gut. I loved it.
The people disappointed by this movie are either chin-strokers or those that bought into the hype.
It's just a sci-fi movie. Temper your expectations. Better than fucking Avatar at any rate.

Sidenote: As the article mentioned the Duellists, it makes me think how much Harvey Keitel's character like a relentless alien in that. Fucker will not stop coming.
Actually, maybe he's more like a Terminator. Never mind.

I expected a good movie and didn't get one. I stroked the shit out of my chin as I watched though. In fact I'm doing it right now

I was very disappointed with it. It 'looked' fantastic but so many things wrong with it...

But anyway..I'm all done arguing about it

i've forgotten everything about it...except the laser scan ball thing and possibly some kind of..fish? was there a fish thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back