pro-tools advice (continued) (1 Viewer)

panckko

ok so i wanna get pro-tools but want more than 2 xlr inputs (this looks like what mbox has) but definately don't wanna spend over a grand.... what do-do i do do?

You can get a digi001 (no longer in production, 8 ins 8 outs) on ebay for under €250, or a digi002 (the newer version, compatible with the most recent versions of PT) for well under a grand

thats cool. thanks. it looked to me like the digi002 was gonna be over the 1000 mark

cheers for the info

I used the digi 001 one once and found the A/D convertor quality wasn't as nearly good as my RME card. But at that price second hand you can't complain I guess.
Did you want multiple xlr inputs?

I wouldn't touch a 001 with another dude's dick, man.
They sound like shit, and you're stuck on PT 6.4 with no support.

Get an M-Audio box and PT M-Powered.

I used the digi 001 one once and found the A/D convertor quality wasn't as nearly good as my RME card. But at that price second hand you can't complain I guess.
Did you want multiple xlr inputs?

yea, i want at least 4 xlr inputs.. the MBOX only has 2 i think
i guess the digi002 is the way to go

There is also the New MBox 2 pro with 2 TRS/xlr ins and two TRS ins for other pres (a good idea, all the digi pres are pretty shite), 6 outputs. wordclock I/O, Midi I/O, Firewire connectivity.

I wouldn't go near the M-powered stuff. It's a cut down version of the Digi hardware ie crappier convertors and Mic pre/Line inputs. If you need the more ins and outs then the 002r is the man to go for. Although there is a rumour that a 003 may be on the way in the first quarter of 2007.

the digi 002 has only 4 xlr inputs, but it does have 8 channels adat, you could get one of those BEHRINGER ADA8000 to hook up to it, the pre-amps wouldn't be great, but for a drum kit or something it would probably be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back