Prince to play 21 concerts in London (1 Viewer)

penexpers

.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6635673.stm

This isn't a joke.

its been a long fucking hard day. i feel like shit.

but this is fantastic.
im going to listen to black sweat on repeat. THATS RIGHT! I SAID BLACK SWEAT

Yeah he doesn't play the real filthy stuff anymore, but he's got enough deadly tunes anyway.

Read a review in the New Yorker recently stating that he's still very much got it.

Prince will establish his very own Purple Reign over London by performing his greatest hits for the very last time over 21 Nights in London. These will be his only appearances in Europe this year, which is in itself exciting. But as usual there are many dramatic twists and turns with Prince with this being no exception. In a typically innovative move, Prince is bypassing the normal distribution system and fans will be able to get a copy of his new album free with their ticket.); The 21 nights in London will be Prince's only concerts in Europe this year. Prince has not played a UK arena for at least ten years and he promises a spectacular return with a band of the highest caliber and support acts of every shape and size from all across the globe. As always, the shows will have a life of their own . all curfew restrictions have been lifted!

So fuckin amazing

Unlike the Vegas dates though these are greatest hits shows right? I think I read that somewhere

The first seven nights of the Earth Tour will take place at the 02 Arena. Tickets - which will cost £31.21 and include a copy of the artist's new album - go on sale Friday

Caspar Llewellyn-Smith
Tuesday May 8, 2007
Guardian Unlimited

The summer gig schedule is already full to bursting point, but Prince today announced that he will play an unprecedented 21 shows in London, starting with seven nights at the O2 Arena on 1 August.
In breaking with a trend that will see fans pay up to £500 to see Barbara Streisand in concert, ticket prices have been set at £31.21 - a reference to the title of his last album - for which fans will also receive a copy of the 48-year-old singer's as-yet-untitled new studio LP. Tickets for what is billed as the "Earth Tour" go on sale on Friday, May 11.

Contrary to reports, Prince will not be playing his greatest hits "for the last time". Instead, fans can expect to hear a mix of material, including a version of the Beatles' The Long and Winding Road. Briefly answering questions at the tour's launch in cental London, the singer also said that he was a huge fan of Amy Winehouse and planned a cover of her song Love Is A Losing Game, with the intention of inviting her on stage at one of his shows. During a recent residency with his band in Las Vegas, the Purple Rain singer claims to have rehearsed a total of 150 songs.
Following a video montage celebrating his career, purple curtains parted and the singer walked on stage dressed head to foot in white, with a purple shirt and sunglasses. As well as saying that he wanted to release his new album in this new way as a form of "direct marketing, so I don't have to be in the speculation business of the music industry", he revealed that he is taking inspiration at the moment from "prophets from the Bible". He added that he is looking for somewhere to live in London for the duration of his residency, and said that he liked Earl's Court - a reference to previous concerts he has played there. Prince's last US tour in 2005 was the highest-grossing of the year. The London shows will be his only European apperances this summer, and his last in the UK "for a while". Prince said that afterwards he planned "to travel and study the Bible". Prince has not played a UK arena for at least ten years.

He rules (Apart from the Amy Whitehouse thing)
I love the fact the curfue's are off and you buy cheap tickets directly off him (well himish)

I'm going to at LEAST three

Really pissed off NPG music club is no more

He rules (Apart from the Amy Whitehouse thing)
I love the fact the curfue's are off and you buy cheap tickets directly off him (well himish)

I'm going to at LEAST three

Really pissed off NPG music club is no more

What's the NPG music club?
Cheers

It was another kinda anti-record company stance of his... Kinda

As a member you were entitled to downloads/ hi res video etc... Merchendice only available to members, that sort of thing. It was a one off lifetime payment.
It also entitled you to members only areas at his concerts. Usually front row/ mosh pit areas. Entry to the soundcheck and an invite to aftershow parties. What he aaaaalways plays.
Sometimes, like the One Night Alone jobbie, he did concerts just for NPG Music Club members.
I did'nt join. Cos really it was only deadly if you were an american.
When I did finally decide to join (after he did the brit awards and I wanted the hi res video to see again) it was in its final week.
Its sad that its gone.
But if you regester with prince.org there are poh-lenty of prople in the know there who can inform you about aftershow parties etc in Augest.

he did that thing in the US with musicology.. free copy of the album with every ticket for a show. I think that's cool.

Yeah. He calls it direct marketing... heh
He rules. In a day and age where some arseholes have the audacity to charge 500 snots for a ticket. He keeps the prices low, gets rid of cerfews AND gives away free stuff. 'mazin

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back