Primavera sound 2005 (2 Viewers)

ostrichsyndrome

Surely one of the summers finest festivals. brilliant weekend that should be given way more attention in the indie world. I hear rumours out on a limb were also over trying to get some attention in spain for this, anyone know who was over, i can probably pass them on some contacts....

Tortoise and text of light were just amazing. so were sonic youth..

viva espana

missed tortoise :( , big regret of the weekend along with m83, can't believe i stuck out the go team's idiot cheerleader and missed m83. but hey..
did you see the arcade fire....soooo amazing, and i was expecting so much from them anyway...everyone was there for them on thursday, they knew the words..this is spain like, they hardly even listen to the words usually. i went for astrud instead of sonic youth cos i'd seen them the last time they played primavera, and they were fucking great.
it's a deadly festival, amazing line up, cheap drink...waters still only 1 euro! in sonar it's up to 2.50 at this stage. round of applause for the nitsa fellas, they rock. had you been before? if so, what did you think of the forum as opposed to poble espanyol? do you know pablo, coco fra etc aswell?

ostrichsyndrome said:
Surely one of the summers finest festivals. brilliant weekend that should be given way more attention in the indie world. I hear rumours out on a limb were also over trying to get some attention in spain for this, anyone know who was over, i can probably pass them on some contacts....

viva espana

Ellie said:
missed tortoise :( , big regret of the weekend along with m83, can't believe i stuck out the go team's idiot cheerleader and missed m83. but hey..
did you see the arcade fire....soooo amazing, and i was expecting so much from them anyway...everyone was there for them on thursday, they knew the words..this is spain like, they hardly even listen to the words usually. i went for astrud instead of sonic youth cos i'd seen them the last time they played primavera, and they were fucking great.
it's a deadly festival, amazing line up, cheap drink...waters still only 1 euro! in sonar it's up to 2.50 at this stage. round of applause for the nitsa fellas, they rock. had you been before? if so, what did you think of the forum as opposed to poble espanyol? do you know pablo, coco fra etc aswell?

preferred poble espanyol last year to the forum. the sound at the festival was just appalling again this year. probably cos bands arent allowed their own sound people. sonic youth were great. the go team are a load of bollix, hadn't heard them before and never want to again, stayed for 2 songs of M83 they also were bad. don't like the arcade fire but i watched a few songs. though isis were deadly on thursday, they might be giants were great fun, new order were really bad, jesu were terrible. text of light were great, the dirtbombs were surprisingly good. cant really remember much else but its far and away the best festival i've been at. and yeah water and beer are cheap. think it was better last year, but thats probably cos i had a backstage pass then and i didnt this time. but i will be there again next year.
i dont know pablo or coco. i know ones of the other organisers as well as the guys from acuarela, foehn and moon palace who all had a few of their bands playing.

Had to queue to get into the auditorium for tortoise but it was definitely worth it.

ostrichsyndrome said:

viva espana
viva españa indeed!

mental festival. mental week. loved barca. took a day or two but I'm hooked now. as for primavera, I can't really fault it on any level. (relatively) reasonable booze. grass for sale everywhere. loads of room to act like a prick. liked the fact that you could sit down and watch most of the gigs in comfort too. 25°C at four in the morning. and an awesome lineup of course!

the gigs that rocked like bastards in no particular order:

• text of light --- love that noisy shit. background movies were awesome. until the projector fucked up of course
• broken social scene --- aah! tunes..
• out hud --- terrifyingly good live. much better live, imho
• polysics --- had a lucky feeling about them cos they're japanese. devo vibe. class..
• arcade fire --- me gusta! hadn't really heard them before. just loads of hype. they made some pretty satisfying noises
• sonic youth --- (I've got a) catholic block. expressway to yr skull. teenage riot. jim o'rourke on guitar. 'nuff said.
• erase errata --- everyone else missed them. all new songs as far as I could hear. all good too. rock.
• tortoise --- johnny herendon (drummer on left).. fucking hell. not the best tortoise gig I've ever seen. definitely the best venue though. although I did get into a little argument with some fucker before the gig.
• max tundra --- met him on the tram home on friday night. talked about his cat. what a legend.
• the wedding present --- snap crackle and pop.

the futureheads were surprisingly decent, hadn't really paid much attention to them to date, iggy was good in places, m83 was okay when they played the hits.. psychic tv. nice tits. loads of ish and meh action too but that's festivals for you! I probably forgot some other moments. things got hazy a couple of times..

all in all. a cheap cheerful comfy cosy festival. roll on next year :)

anyone go to the sunday show in the apolo?

yeah i prefer poble espanyol aswell, but i can see why it had to move. there were times in the forum when i felt like i was in a big empty place that had nothing to do with a festival, whereas before you were always in this beautiful place. do you live here ostrich? i had a press pass but i couldn't find the door into the vip area for the whole weekend....what a useless gimp

oh, I almost totally forgot to bitch about the go! team

I saw them in cork so I kinda knew what to expect. as it happens I watched about 3 songs while we sat around having a smoke. twas a good laugh. I mentioned that it sounded like fucking brainwashing or propaganda and that kind of snowballed into a pisstake/giggle fit, puncuated by machine gun & army marching impressions and "go team! go team! go team! heil!!! schnell!!!!" etc. i was half expecting nazi flags to unfurl onstage behind them at one point, with swastikas with five arms and shit. pretty funny.. I'm convinced that the go! team are spearheading some kind of a kind of soft sell fifth reich campaign. oh, and yer wan's a gowwwwl...

yeah, i could go on at length aswell, what a fucking whore that one is......."can you say GO?....can you say TEAM?" what are we, retards? where are we, on bosco? shocking stuff, i really didn't expect it to be that bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back