Pre choice shortlist (1 Viewer)

Man In A Can

So the shortlist is out today at 3ish. What do you think will be on the list and what gems do you think they will miss.

The only albums i can think of that i bought and think should be on the list are: (in my order of preference)

Groom - Marraige (unfortunately i reckon they will totally miss this)
Villagers- Becoming a Jackal
Redneck Manifesto - Freindship

I cant think of any other Irish albums i heard last year

Im sure Adibishi Shank will be there but i havnt heard that and Imelda May i guess will be there too

I think Halves, Adebisi Shank, James Vincent McMorrow, Two Door Cinema Clubs, FLAPES, Cathy Davey and Villagers fro sure. I adore the Halves album especially and I think it deserves the nomination more than most!

Take the top tier of records Jim Carroll creamed himself over last year & you've your shortlist. Would be a shame to see Fight Like Apes on that list, their 2nd record is basically record no. 1 part two, same old drivel.

jim carroll isn't involved with it any more

Adebisi Shank & Cast Of Cheers for sure; Dinah Brand hopefully. TRM maybe, but I can see them being left off if adebisi are on. The shortlist can only be so long.

Hoping I'm wrong here but you're kidding yourselves if you think Groom, Cast Of Cheers, Dinah Brand etc get on the short list. The Shank *might* get in there.

Hoping I'm wrong here but you're kidding yourselves if you think Groom, Cast Of Cheers, Dinah Brand etc get on the short list. The Shank *might* get in there.

Anthony's right. I'd be surprised if any of them made it, including Adebisi Shank. Not enough penetration/exposure. Maybe Cast Of Cheers but I still doubt it.

Phew, Ray D'arcy & Michelle Doherty are two of the judges, I thought they were going to pick some people with no knowledge of music there for a sec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back