Postal rip off? (3 Viewers)

cesspooldublin

I went to post an LP to someone in Sligo this morning and it cost me €5.70, which seems like it might be a rip off considering I can send 10 7" to the USA airmail for less..anyone else been screwed by the post office like this lately? Eamonn? Skubol?

welcome to the irish post office!
should be 3,70€ for one lp
from march postage rates rising again.

I've found that it depends on the post office you go to. Theres one beside my house and the cunt that runs it just makes up his own prices. I've sent 3 or 4 packets to the states for the price he's charged me for sending one to sligo. Wanker.

I've found that it depends on the post office you go to. Theres one beside my house and the cunt that runs it just makes up his own prices. I've sent 3 or 4 packets to the states for the price he's charged me for sending one to sligo. Wanker.

this is the thing with post offices, Ive sent the exact same packages from the same post offices with different staff and the prices have varied greatly. I sent ten copies of the devil on 45 to sligo it cost like 5.50, then i sent ten to cork and it cost 4 quid or something a different day. Basically I think it must relate to whether the person behind the counter puts it through as a package/parcel or a letter. This shit wrecks my head, so stupid that it varies depending on what the person behind the counter thinks, I post most my shit from the post office across form the dublin tourism centre up there near laser and shit and I seem to get the best prices there.

the price of sending records out of ireland is totally insane!

here are 3 examples...
€41 Postage for 30 records / 7.3kg weight to the UK
€62 Postage for 30 records / 7.3kg weight to Germany
€10.40 Postage for 5 records to Glasgow

i thought irish postage was cheap by international standards.. no?

no !! it's really expensive
i shouldn't sell lp's cheaper than 10€ because of that.

I think they changed rules lately related to the dimensions of stuff as well as the rate. Haven't posted an LP in donkeys but I'd be sending work stuff and the variation in price for broadly similar stuff does happen. go to a big Po and get it confirmed

I think they changed rules lately related to the dimensions of stuff as well as the rate. Haven't posted an LP in donkeys but I'd be sending work stuff and the variation in price for broadly similar stuff does happen. go to a big Po and get it confirmed

yeah i think its the dimensions of lps that really increase the prices, I even noticed such a huge jump between sending a5 zines and a4, its a fucker to be honest :mad:

yeah i think its the dimensions of lps that really increase the prices, I even noticed such a huge jump between sending a5 zines and a4, its a fucker to be honest :mad:

yeah thought it was odd because I sent an Lp or two to the UK a few months back and they were about €3.50 each, so I was stunned when yer woman asked me for nearly 6 bucks this morning. I actually said "No, I'm sorry, it's for Sligo" cos I thought she maybe had mistaken it for foreign post or something (My handwriting is pretty bad).

This is gonna be a crippler from the distro point of things..

Any Dublin folks going to Galway soon fancy delivering something for me?

I used to send fuckin heaps of mail ten years ago, now I do none cos of the price.

Besides that, they do a fuckin shit service. I've got two important packages missing with no redress right now...1 two weeks late, 1 one week late...

this is the thing with post offices, Ive sent the exact same packages from the same post offices with different staff and the prices have varied greatly.

Grrr, so true. I nearly had to kill someone in the GPO one day when I was trying to send magazines to the states. I explained that they were going book post (which is pretty reasonable pricewise). He told me all the rules of book post and went on for ages about the weight and making holes in the package so you can see they're books. Then he goes, 'that'll be €50...oh no, to the states, you're not going to like this, €80'. He was right I didn't like it.
I had a bit of an argument with him cozI had sent some before and knew how much it sould be, got frustrated, walked to the next room and was charged €20.
Stupid post idiots.

I sent out one bulky cd package for €3.50 (elsewhere in Dublin) and it cost me only €5.20 to send six of the thing to another person farther off (in Galway).

That was weird.

As an ex postal worker I can tell you that weight and dimension are the factors here....

Anytime someone gave me an LP to post, I put it through as a large envelope (if the system let me). It depends on how heavy like.... €5.70 to Sligo is ridiculous! Try asking the cunt at the counter to put it through as a large envelope next time...might be worth a try anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back