portable mini disc recorders (1 Viewer)

Ah they all take external mics I think. Provided they have recording capacity obviously. I won mine in 1999 in a raffle and it's never been on the blink once! And it's used a lot. Loads for interview recording and loooads for recording and playing music. I know plenty who have gotten theirs more recently and they've had to keep having them repaired. Funny that.

there are special condensor mics you can buy for them but they are also pretty steep.. well over a hundred or so i hear.
I have my MD bout 4 years now and its still fine, i do interviews with a computer mic and it comes out fine, ive even recorded gigs and jam sessions with it.
depends how much latest technology you want but id say you could pick one up reasonably cheap second hand now.

I'd go for an iRiver to record. What lmd64, said. MD's will probably be obsolete soon, anyway - most shop assistants in the big stores in America had never heard of them when I was looking for a battery for my Sony MD.

potlatch said:
I'd go for an iRiver to record. What lmd64, said. MD's will probably be obsolete soon, anyway - most shop assistants in the big stores in America had never heard of them when I was looking for a battery for my Sony MD.

tsshk.... americans.. know it alls. pah.

(you're right though, mds are probably dying a death as we speak)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back