Popical Island gigs in the Stag's Head in March (1 Viewer)

Moods For Mallards

Yo, here's a bit about some gigs we're putting on every Sunday in March, except for Patrick's weekend:

Popical Island will be resident in the lovely upstairs room of the Stag’s Head (Dame Court, Dublin) on Sundays in March, presenting live performances by its own bands and special guests on the 3rd, 10th and 24th of the month.

The line-up is:
Sunday 3rd March: Land Lovers, The Objectorz, The Run Ons
The series kicks off with a loud guitarry bang. Joining Popical perennials Land Lovers (currently in the netherworld between their album “Confidants” and a new, in-progress record) will be power pop’s most melodic metallers The Objectorz, and the oldest newcomers in rock, The Run Ons, who aren’t that old really and who enter the live fray having teased us with the cracking “A Great Bunch of Lads” on the PI#3 compilation.

Sunday 10th March: September Girls, Cave Ghosts, Hunk
The second night in the series is a fundraiser for Girls Rock Camp Ireland (which has it’s roots in Portland, USA and aims to “build girls’ self-esteem through music creation and performance”), and accordingly it’s brimming over with a host of female talent. Riot Grrrl revivalists, HUNK! will kick the night off in their distinctive, riotous fashion. Cave Ghosts’ thoughtful brand of reverb drenched, dream pop defies the narrow scope of its genre by employing the age old ploy of writing great, hummable choons. September Girls, who are currently working on their debut album, will finish the night with some sweet harmonies and their distinctive “Girls in the Garage” take on heart-on-sleeve pop.
More on Gilrs Rock Camp: www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4UqdPcEQNQ

Sunday 24th March: Valerie Francis, Skelocrats, Jonny Fun and the ...Hesitations
The final night in the series sees former Choice prize nominee, velvet-voiced, all-round top lady Valerie Francis playing her first Popicalia. Val, whose album “Slow Dynamo” was the Irish Independent's 2009 album of the year, will be joined by the schizoid pop sensation that is Skelocrats, who have just released the precociusly-titled album “The Complete Skelocrats”. Also playing will be the ever-brilliant Jonny Fun and the ...Hesitations, whose 2010 album “Carpe PM” is a thing of poetic charm and understated wit.

Each night, 8 euro will gain you admittance, except if you’re a student, unemployed or quite old, in which case it’s 6 euro.

http://www.facebook.com/events/271280249670602/permalink/271280936337200/?notif_t=like

385799_10152638216345393_1767359143_n.jpg

482564_10152638218000393_413731288_n.jpg

551278_10152638217970393_91539472_n.jpg

I felt great this morning. It would appear however, that that was the beer still talking. I have felt progressively worse as the day has dragged on. I would like nothing more than to crawl under my desk now and have a serious bit of snooze-idge.

The Run Ons were class by the way.

me and my hot wife thought the run ons were brilliant. left shortly after their set.

tasty shredding. would see again.

I picked a bad day to have a busy day at work. Somebody kill me please.

Run Ons were great, you'd never have thought it was their first gig. Objectorz: great fun. Land Lovers: essential as always.

Yeah, bit of a state today alright. Thought the Runs Ons were killer, some serious shredding going on. A million thank you's to Mark for the amp and pint! Deadly night! :D

I felt great this morning. It would appear however, that that was the beer still talking. I have felt progressively worse as the day has dragged on. I would like nothing more than to crawl under my desk now and have a serious bit of snooze-idge.

The Run Ons were class by the way.

Ah, the jet lag hangover. Love those.

The next of these gigs is this Sunday!

September Girls

Cave Ghosts

HUNK!

It's all in aid of Girls Rock Camp Ireland and fun.

More about GRC:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back