Polka Madre (Mexico), Division's Ruin, Mongolia, Metoikos / Sept 13 (1 Viewer)

Story with Polka Madre...

There's 5 people in Polka Madre and a Finnish roadie. 2 of the members are EU and US born. The other 3 are Mexican. Surprise surprise it was the 3 Mexicans that were turned away at immigration, the irish immigration officials saw the denied entry to the UK stamp on their passports and were suspicious, detained the 3 mexicans (who had just said they were tourists) in a tiny claustrophobic room with black people, asians and arabs and interrogated them for hours, before deporting them back to Paris last night. The 3 people that got through stayed at Hideaway last night and had to buy more expensive flights back to Paris to join the rest of their band, which they did at 3am this morning. The Finnish roadie is still here and will be at the gig tonight. The band are financially broke now, but are planning to come back again next year.

There'll be a donation jar at the gig on the 18th in the Hideaway house and maybe one tonight if anyone wants to help them out.

Metoikos were pretty good.I wasn't really in the mood for their techmo thing after a couple of songs,but the potential is there.They could do with rocking out a bit though.

Mongolia rocked.Record please.With the Z man on it.

Divisions Ruin were FUCKING SHIT.

nah, only joking, when they pulled it together they were great. I felt so sorry for them. First gig nerves I reckon..Sean fits in nicely, though not sure about John..don't get me wrong, he's a really good drummer and everything, but his style is too clean or rigid or something..

anyway, good night.Eoin F is king.

That really sucks but unfortunately I'm not surprised; why does Ireland pretend to hate the English but then kow-tow to them at every opportunity when they're not busy letting the Americans transport troops and prisoners via Shannon? Unfortunately Ireland has once again proven itself to be the second most xenophobic country I know. Fair play to Polka Madre for still wanting to come back, and they will still be crackin'

That really sucks but unfortunately I'm not surprised; why does Ireland pretend to hate the English but then kow-tow to them at every opportunity when they're not busy letting the Americans transport troops and prisoners via Shannon? Unfortunately Ireland has once again proven itself to be the second most xenophobic country I know.

It's totally fucked, but I don't see what it's got to do with Ireland pretending to hate the English!?! And what does it have to do with U.S. troops and prisoners in Shannon? As fucked as it is, Ireland's xenophobia as you perceive it, is far far less than most of Europe...which is the most xenophobic then?

can remember fuckall from last night,one thing i remember is yorkshire puddin covered in english mustard is lovely

Divisions Ruin, when they had it together, were fucking deadly. It was a shame about all the stopping and starting but you could tell when they had it together there was a healthy bit of heft off it.

Looking forward to seeing them again in better form.

Divisions Ruin, when they had it together, were fucking deadly. It was a shame about all the stopping and starting but you could tell when they had it together there was a healthy bit of heft off it.

Looking forward to seeing them again in better form.

Yeah. Good stuff but horrendously under-practised.

from http://www.myspace.com/ictuscore

News Sept / 07 / 2007

Solving the worst predictions by Doctors since the beginning, Mejuto has given a new great step forward, a couple of days ago he moved one foot, doctors, like everybody here, are so surprised although don´t assure anything, with no doubt this makes hope bigger!

thats h20 yer thinkin of nooly, simons the big tall lad that was often at gigs a few years back, sang with bastard youth at one gig too, nice lad,

i really cant remember much of the gig at all after metoikos and the odd flashback of my own drunken mumbled attempts at rapping, good buzz all the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back